******help me build a performance engine**** i got a lot of money, lets do this right

Erickline

Hey guys, basicly the title says it all. im looking to spend 1,500 on the valve train and another 1,500 in the bottom end. Id possibly spend a little more money in the bottom end by bigger sleeves but only if you guys agree. The engine im building is a 96 GSR, im looking to keep it all motor. This will not be a daily, i want a pretty wicked cam. tell me what you guys would do to a long block for lets say 3,500. thanks

72Spitfire

I don't think $3500 will get you too far unless your doing all the work your self. Remember you need machine work on the head and block if you go with bigger pistons. Just honing the block and using the regular sized pistons would be cheaper. You need to buy all "consumables" like headgasket, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, oil pan gasket, piston rings, rod bearings, main bearings etc. etc.. Your gonna want to put in a new oil pump and have the crank polished too. Get it all together and then you need an engine management system and a tune. Your gonna drop more than 1K on the pistons and cam. Engines are expensive. Good luck to you. Do plenty of research and find someone who builds Honda engines frequently unless you do it yourself.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
DO research for real, look at build threads i spent more than that and im probably about $5000+ into my build but its not a straight line hella horse power build. Tuning takes a lot of money as well, and buyind different components. I suggest reading through build threads, JDMxDB8 Integraguy04 and are examples of all motor builds for road racing, while daddybuiltracing is more geared towards drag.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I knew it was going to be a moderate amount of money, lol. I'm about to drop that in a month, breh. Welcome to the car world

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
It really is sad, but it's the lifestyle of a racecar driver

OLDSKOOLACURA

It's a passion, ans I will keep doing it with many many more cars. I'm just getting started :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
It really is sad, but it's the lifestyle of a racecar driver
they make fwd race cars? :p

but $3500? i could go through that in 6 minutes..... a set of cams is like 600-700 by themselves. then installation, valvetrain, machine work. you can spend that kind of money on your engine in quality parts and no even break 200whp. hell a top of the line header is what? $700-1200

Last edited:

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
they make fwd race cars? :p

but $3500? i could go through that in 6 minutes..... a set of cams is like 600-700 by themselves. then installation, valvetrain, machine work. you can spend that kind of money on your engine in quality parts and no even break 200whp. hell a top of the line header is what? $700-1200
Header? nooooo, not unless you insist on paying for name brand, PLM replicates every major brand header on the market with fantastic quality and proven results. Id never pay 700-1200 bucks for a header on a 4 cylinder car, they just dont gain enough from them to warrant the price. Thats V8 header prices.