HELP ME BUILD MY B16 for BOOST!!! Need ideas!

Erickline

Hey guys, I just picked up a bare block b16a. I Wana build it for boost, but of course I have a budget. So basicly I'm asking what you guys would do to this block to make it safe for 300-350hp

HERE'S MY IDEA:
La b18 crank
Bore .50 over
Forged b16 rods (maybe 9.5:1 compression)
Stock b16 piston and rings (.50 over)
Block guard
Ite water and oil pump
Everything wrapped with arp studs and bolts

What do you guys think? Keep in mind it's a budget build. What would you guys do? Any help would be great thanks

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
why do you have a b16 for a DC? The ls crank may prove to have issues with the p2v clearence....since its like a shorter block.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I don't think there is such thing as a budget build
Yeah, we have a local team that builds on a budget to go as fast as they can for like a thousand dollars and some favors, then.......

You can build a motor that is fast and cheap, reliable and cheap, or fast and reliable - all three don't go together unless you marry some rich fag that buttfucks you in the back of your turbo'd hatchback that he built for you

Jeffbel

why do you have a b16 for a DC? The ls crank may prove to have issues with the p2v clearence....since its like a shorter block.
It will have clearence issues. Op stick with a b16 or a type r crank. I've heard good things about the b18c type r crank

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
If you get a block gaurd save the overbore till after it's installed. Make sure the shop that bores it installs it also, they aren't to be installed with a hammer.

bluegts

Hey guys, I just picked up a bare block b16a. I Wana build it for boost, but of course I have a budget. So basicly I'm asking what you guys would do to this block to make it safe for 300-350hp

HERE'S MY IDEA:
La b18 crank
Bore .50 over
Forged b16 rods (maybe 9.5:1 compression)
Stock b16 piston and rings (.50 over)
Block guard
Ite water and oil pump
Everything wrapped with arp studs and bolts

What do you guys think? Keep in mind it's a budget build. What would you guys do? Any help would be great thanks
------------

if u are only looking for 300 whp. You can do that with a bone stock b16a2 engine. I've been running 12psi/317whp,stock b16a2 engine on my tegg for 3 years. No signs of problems.