help need advice

dylan

my integra is sitten on 16x7s as u can see in my profile picture and is dropped pretty low, if i raise it any more the rims we look tiny on the car and it will just look stuped. Everytime i pull in and out of my drive way it scrapes as well as over speed bumps. is it that realy that bad if it does scrape because i dont want to lift this car any more.
thanks for looken

Alvi84

I'm on 15's and dropped on Function and Form coilovers. I scrape my catalytic converter and sometimes I scrape my header. I took my car to a local exhaust shop and they said they couldn't raise my exhaust up any more than it already is and they suggested I buy a smaller resonator (catalytic converter). The skunk2 60mm exhaust system comes with a 4 inch housing and hangs low (even stated on the skunk2 website). If I switch to a 3 inch housing for my resonator I will gain another inch of clearance.

I have raised my car up some from when I first put on my coilovers. I was so low I was just scraping the ground with my exhaust while driving on normal roads.

Last thing you want to do is put a dent in your header or put holes in your exhaust or cause exhaust hangers to break cause the next worst sound to hear other than scraping is an exhaust leak.

dylan

i just bought this integra on friday and its my first car so i dont know exactly what im spcraping and i do not know that much about cars, so i gratley apreaciate the advice but idk if i have the money to afford the skunk2 cat, and i start school pretty soon so ill be scrappin like twice or three times a day on the speed bumps in the parking lot and i just want to know it its worth raising it a little and looking ugly then risk damaging my exoust, and how much is that new cat becouse im thinking about getting a new exoust system to make this thing sound bad ass

mvang001

Scrap is bad period. I would think the first easiest thing to scrape is your cat converter. In the long run, that might really hurt your car and your wallet. I speak from experience.

Alvi84

To find out what is scraping put the car on jacks and see what has thrash marks on it from scraping on the speed bumps. Start looking as far up as your header, make sure your oil pan isn't getting scraped up, check your cat, and your exhaust itself. Those are most likely the areas that you are scraping.

Are you on adjustable coilovers or springs? You could always start by raising the car up 1/8th of in inch at a time until you stop scraping.

I have had to stop parking in the garage at work and can no longer go over speed bumps. I live by the words... low and slow now-a-days

dylan

yeah there on adjustable coilovers so ill try raising it little by little untill it doesnt scrape and ill see if my buddy can come up and well jack it and see whats wrong. thanks for the advice everybody i really appreciate it!!