Help Needed : DIY Rust?

95teg

can someone help me out, ive only had a few experiences with repairing rust.. Honda rust that is. I dont want to have to spend an arm and a leg just to get my rust repaired. me and my friend repaird some rust on his 93 Prelude. cut it out, sheet metaled it, duraglassed it (not bondo, i hear bondo shrinks and absorbs water.) and painted it. 3 coats and 2 clear.. one year later the rust came back. So that is what i want to avoid. i want to removie my side moldings on my teg, and cut out some rust around the wheel wells.. can someone give many any tips. has anyone did this, pictures? thanks a lot.. :shock:

Baldy201

DIY Rust

It is funny you should ask, cause I was just reading the thread on HT about repairing your own rust. There problem is a little worse than yours but still applies.

slikk

Money Getter
Baldy201 said:
DIY Rust

It is funny you should ask, cause I was just reading the thread on HT about repairing your own rust. There problem is a little worse than yours but still applies.

care to share the info you gathered ?

95teg

yes please share! would be greatly appriciated. and to answer my original "?" do you guys think there is actually a way to avoid the rust ever coming back?

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
i use a really good anti-rust solution that my dad stores in his warehouse..ill get the name its really good and gets rid of the dust, after that i would paint it silver or black just to give it more protection and make the sure the paint can withstand 500 degree heat

slikk

Money Getter
IntegrasAreBest said:
i use a really good anti-rust solution that my dad stores in his warehouse..ill get the name its really good and gets rid of the dust, after that i would paint it silver or black just to give it more protection and make the sure the paint can withstand 500 degree heat

what that solutrion called ? .. does it leave the black spot onthe car ? do i have to prime before i paint after i use it ?

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
ill check as soon as possible for ya and now it doesnt leave any rust it kinda of magically takes it away overnight, usually you take the piece off , like a metal connector,or pins,screws etc that are rusted lather it into the pink liquid and leave it overnight , after that just paint it with a engine heat withstandable paint. i did it for some pieces in my new teg and it looks great. ill take some pics and post em and tomorow or so ill find out the name of the compound.