Help rear strut tower leaking!

99teg LS

I just recently lowered my teg with skunk 2 coilovers and the damn things are leaking, on the pass side. water is splashing up through and into the tunk when im driving. any suggestions? :2confused

Last edited:

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
what? That makings no since, you go full coilovers or just the sleve and spring coilovers? and Water?? theres no water it suspension parts?

Last edited by a moderator:

99teg LS

i know that the fucker is leaking, i got the skunk 2 pro series full coilover kit, where the top of the strut bolts to the body, there is a puddle just chillen there. and when i make a right turn it pours into my trunk. :twisted:

Last edited by a moderator:

speedin

The Transporter
99teg LS said:
listen here dick, i know that the fuck is leaking, i got the skunk 2 pro series full coilover kit, where the top of the strut bolts to the body, there is a puddle just chillen there. and when i make a right turn it pours into my trunk. :twisted:
with the force on a strut tower you could take the bolts off and it would stay sealed. sounds like a sunroof drain tube has clogged. the drain tubes run right by their. also you might just be getting water in the trunk from the taillight gaskets

99teg LS

speedin said:
with the force on a strut tower you could take the bolts off and it would stay sealed. sounds like a sunroof drain tube has clogged. the drain tubes run right by their. also you might just be getting water in the trunk from the taillight gaskets
Its not the tail lights, just replaced the foam seals on those. Thought that was the problem but its not. I got the suspension from my brother and his car was leaking too in the same spot. he had a 94 hatch, no sunroof. It doesnt leak when its raining and my car is sittin, only when driving and water is sprayin up in the wheel well. I was thinkin about just making a rubber seal to put on top of the whole shock.

speedin

The Transporter
Melt said:
the sunroof drains on the DRIVERS side if i remember right
hum, u might be right. idk i cant check. but shocks shouldnt do that. u retained the stock shock top mounts right? try this, (its cheap and completely reversable) go get some black silicone and put a nice bead around the opening.

99teg LS

speedin said:
hum, u might be right. idk i cant check. but shocks shouldnt do that. u retained the stock shock top mounts right? try this, (its cheap and completely reversable) go get some black silicone and put a nice bead around the opening.
yep, re-used the top mounts, i was gonna try the silicone but i gotta wait for the shit to dry out a little first. its def a strange place for a leak.

97lsteg

AcUhOnDa
How do you fix the tail light gaskets? cause my drivers side one is leaking like a mofo and every couple of weeks i have to tear apart the trunk and sponge all of the water out...:cry: is there like a kit or something or do i have to replace the entire light? Any help would be appreciated lol.

speedin

The Transporter
How do you fix the tail light gaskets? cause my drivers side one is leaking like a mofo and every couple of weeks i have to tear apart the trunk and sponge all of the water out...:cry: is there like a kit or something or do i have to replace the entire light? Any help would be appreciated lol.
The dealer sells new gaskets. But as long as they arnt ripped you can do what I did. Put some black RTV silicone on both sides of the gasket and put it back on. Sealed mine like a charm.

BTW, WOW. This is an old thread. But you did the right thing by searching and posting in a already open forum.:D

97lsteg

AcUhOnDa
The dealer sells new gaskets. But as long as they arnt ripped you can do what I did. Put some black RTV silicone on both sides of the gasket and put it back on. Sealed mine like a charm.

BTW, WOW. This is an old thread. But you did the right thing by searching and posting in a already open forum.:D
haha I do what I can do