HELP!..Recently dunked on Skunk 2 coilovers

lilsilverflip

DunkedDA9
I was thinking alignment too..because now my car sways to the right and it didnt before. ihave only beening riding it like this for 2 days but not to far distances though..Also my axles are brand now less than 2000k on them but actually i just started to hear clicking again but that was before lowering it though

SnD3

Dude, dropping the car has nothing to do with the issues, "popping up"... Basically, you had these issues before hand, and now you notice them because you didn't realize you had an issue before! I would change the rotor, do the alignment, and go from there... Popping out of gear is related to your synchros, which are obviously going bad, or a throw out bearing. My thinking wants to say the throw out bearing...

The trans issue is unrelated.
Lowering the car throws all the alignment angles out and could produce a pull or even some shake, but I don't think it would be as violent as the one you're describing. MY opinion is that you tightened the wheel down when it was not totally flush and/ or didn't do a proper torque pattern on them.
Have the car aligned. If you don't have camber kits, get them. Then make sure the shop that aligns it torques the wheels to 80lb/ft in a proper pattern to ensure the wheel is flush with the hub.

SnD3

The trans issue is unrelated.
Lowering the car throws all the alignment angles out and could produce a pull or even some shake, but I don't think it would be as violent as the one you're describing. MY opinion is that you tightened the wheel down when it was not totally flush and/ or didn't do a proper torque pattern on them.
Have the car aligned. If you don't have camber kits, get them. Then make sure the shop that aligns it torques the wheels to 80lb/ft in a proper pattern to ensure the wheel is flush with the hub.
:headbang::thumbup:

lilsilverflip

DunkedDA9
Hey I was able to figure out my issue. Well first before i lowered the car i bought some 1992 GSR rims which were cambered already but didnt notice, so i got new tires and an alignment now no more shaking yay! thanks everyone for your input