help ref'd and impounded

x3dimples

i got ref'd and impounded. do you guys know the cost of impound and the cost of paying of the ref'd ticket? what do i need to do and paper work

tork_sd89

Baywatch
umm what's ref'd?

*The night i turned 21 my eclipse got impounded cuz my idiot friend (mustang driver) told me to park in the lot he parked in.. I was so hyped up I didn't pay attention to the signs.. we parked in a 2 hr lot.. came back my car was gone and his only had a $40 ticket that he never payed.. I had to pay $400 to get it back..

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
I think it varies depending on what it was for. The impound fee's are ridiculous, they can be anything the place wants to charge, so I would get it out A.S.A.P. it could end up costing you an arm and a leg if you leave it there.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
When i crached my rx8, I told all the cops and firefighters and everyone else there that I wanted my car towed home. HOME. The cop tells me at the hospital that they took it to a towyard, like wtf nooo i did NOT want it to go there! And my crash was the day before Caesar Chavez day, so they were closed the next day, so I couldnt get my car out... they said I could get it out still.. for an additional $100. Or I could wait until Friday and it'd only be $70. They said I would be saving money..........

I know they're just doing their job, but those bullshit fees should only apply to impounds, not ppl who have an accident.. Kicking me while I'm down

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Usually at least a couple hundred dollars.

Cripton805

The REF ticket I think will all depend on the mods you have... More mods = more money.

(I think.)
The impound will also differ on how long it's in there.

Minimum should be a couple hundred bucks.

Ref'd might be a CA thing. It's when you get popped for mods. Cop asks to pop hood. You agree, and you just pretty much FUCK yourself by giving him permission to search your car.

Last edited:

dan_in_ag

CAHLEAN!
I think the cost of the ref ticket depends on your mods and your ref. Some places will let you b20 swap a crx and BAR it. The ref where i live wouldnt even approve a b18b swap into a 98 teg. If a cop asked me to pop my hood id be done for.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
The REF ticket I think will all depend on the mods you have... More mods = more money.

(I think.)
The impound will also differ on how long it's in there.

Minimum should be a couple hundred bucks.

Ref'd might be a CA thing. It's when you get popped for mods. Cop asks to pop hood. You agree, and you just pretty much FUCK yourself by giving him permission to search your car.
I was wondering about refd. I've never experienced that here on the east coast

Cripton805

I think the cost of the ref ticket depends on your mods and your ref. Some places will let you b20 swap a crx and BAR it. The ref where i live wouldnt even approve a b18b swap into a 98 teg. If a cop asked me to pop my hood id be done for.
It depends on the year of the engine and chassis. :???:
People don't understand the CA ways. LoL

I think it's illegal for the cop to pop your hood. He must ask you and you must agree unless he has a warrant. Unless you have anything visible, like exhaust. They pressure you into thinking you must obey, but that would be self incrimination by letting them search under your hood and that's illegal. If they use scare tactics to get you to pop your hood, just record them because if they scare you to make you pop your hood, that's illegal too. You have rights.

dan_in_ag

CAHLEAN!
It depends on the year of the engine and chassis. :???:
People don't understand the CA ways. LoL

I think it's illegal for the cop to pop your hood. He must ask you and you must agree unless he has a warrant. Unless you have anything visible, like exhaust. They pressure you into thinking you must obey, but that would be self incrimination by letting them search under your hood and that's illegal. If they use scare tactics to get you to pop your hood, just record them because if they scare you to make you pop your hood, that's illegal too. You have rights.
Good thing im too low to see that im missing a cat. lol

Cripton805

Good thing im too low to see that im missing a cat. lol
I got pulled over once by CHP for switching lanes too quickly. (An excuse to search my car)
As far as I know, that is not illegal without swerving in and out of lanes.

The cop pulled me over. Told me I had a modified exhaust "DC Sports"
He asked me to pop my hood and I ignored him.

He harrased my passanger for identification that he didn't have on him and was being a total dick. Lucky for me I'm going to school to be a cop and I knew my rights.

He let me go because he had illegally pulled me over. Even if I had 10 tons of weed, killed people, had a shotgun loaded with tons of evidence, all of that could have been thrown out in court just because his stupid mistake of pulling me over without commiting a crime. Legally, he would have lost in court for giving me a ticket for anything in that stop.

DWATTS5250

Well she looked 18!....
Its Illegal for a police officer to ask you to pop your hood. California state laws protect you from self incrimination, if they ask and you do, then anything they do as far as tickets or impound can be tossed in the trash, its considered an act of illegal search & seizure. Freakin cops up in Diamond Bar try that all the time. Chippys are into that alot as well.