HELP! Replaced O2 and reconnected battery. But car won't start.

DuckFat

Hey CI Family I got an issue and needs your help!
97 GS with 257k Auto.
It being an Auto and High mileage is not the problem, so lets move on from that.

Alright, So I've been getting the CEL turned on and off a few times now. I picked up a NTK O2, disconnected my neg terminal on my battery. Damn O2 kicked my ass for an hour. Finally got it out and replaced. Dropped the car and reconnected neg terminal. Low and hold the anti theft light is blinking. Opened the door and all the light s start flashing. I put the key in and everything turns on, turn it again to crank it and, nada... no crank no start. Dead fish. I mean Turn signals, tails, domes, shifter, cluster, a/c flashing and door chime going off at the speed of the flashing every time I open the door. I pulled the ECU(15) and back-up(7.5), waited and replaced, still no go. I also tried the lock and unlock multiple times. Thank GOD i removed that horn after i got it, if not i bet that would also be going off every time i open the door. I'm cold and I'm tired. All I wanted to do was get rid of my CEL.

Please anyone out there that can help me? I need it back up running before I head out to work. I got till 830 am.

Nick_C78

What alarm system do you have? There should be a button either on the unit inside the car, or near it. It is typically under the driver side dash.

DuckFat

After freezing my ass off early this morning, and after I depth research on valet switches, I finally deciphered the secret code. Original owner forgotten to tell me about that, just told me he took out the alarm. But thanks Nick. Lesson learned that shouldn't happen to me again now I know