help seafoaming my teg

tommyp484

wondering how much to use, is two or more treatments in the intake too much after a week each? and where else can i put it besides the gas and intake and how?

tommyp484

My car is lacking power, starting recently but it happened pretty gradually. rough idle, bogging a bit, and my injectors may be clogged(or some gas related clog), i changed the fuel filter today idle cleared a bit, still lacking power.. would it be bad to use too often in the intake? i used about 1/6th of the can again in between the first and second application. car ran alot better instantly after first application and i was advised to use it again. can too much be bad?

Jackmldog

Jack
Yea it can... All that carbon that it removes exits through your exhaust. I've known some people with expeditions (4 catalytic converters.) and it clogged the first two. So it will eventually clog the one that we have if used to much or to often.

njhustler

I like seafoam and I think it works pretty well. But everyone has their own opinion. Too much is never a good thing but it seems like you didnt use enough. It is recommended to use 1/3 in your oil ( be sure to change it after) 1/3 in your breather system and a 1/3 in your gas tank. Also a tune up would probably be a good idea as well.

rexpepper123

hmm ya know ive only read things ( alot of things!) about seafoam an never used it. im due for an oil change coming soon i think ill try it

pinkley

b@115D33p
I only run a bottle through my gas every other oil change if that. Never really seen the purpose of running it in the oil or vac lines.

iDrive a GS-R

Ive used it twice about a year apart and felt like it gave me better throttle response
I put it in a vaccum line the one that goes from the brake booster to the IM.

People either love it or hate it, ive always seen good results from it on my car.
I did it to my friends ls and it gave him a check engine light after lol.

j13

Keep It Clean
Put half into your intake and half in your tank. Don't put that stuff in the crank case