help timing

luvda2ndgenteg

Hey there I need help setting my timing I can't seem to do it right Because I can't start my car but I got close but I can use some directions to setting the timing its a 2nd Gen integra b18a1 engine and head

mirrorimg

Set piston one (closest to timing belt) to TDC. The piston will be at the top of its cycle and the white dot on the crank pulley will line up with the mark on the timing cover.

Make sure the cam gears "UP" arrows are pointing up, and the marks on the left and right of the gears line up with the dashes on the plastic cover. You may want to use a straightedge like a ruler to assist.

Put the timing belt over the gears and tighten the tensioner. Rotate the crankshaft counter clockwise a couple of times and make sure that the timing is still the same. Sometimes you may think it is correct, but after a couple turns it will be a tooth off. Adjust and turn again.

WDEDMON1

Hey my 91 Teg needs a new water pump. The materials are less than 250 but the Mechanic wants to charge like 700 in labor. WTF. Do I have to break the mounts to do this? I wanna do it myself b/c I love gettin my hands dirty in the Teg but mostly I wanna save 700 bucks. Please let me know.