Help troubleshooting?

Lo Key

So I have kind of a unique problem in certain aspects.

I have a 2000 GSR with a JDM b18c "r". I put on a CAI, skunk2 alpha series throttle body, BWR race headers, and a test pipe.

Keep in mind, I have no CEL because its either been removed, blown, or wires cut. And I'm running a jdm ecu that US code readers can't connect to.

My problem:
When I start my car it idles rough, and when I give it has it dies. If I let it warm up a bit, it's fine but it idles high (around 1600 rpm). I've got a brand new dizzy an o2 sensor (only running primary bc if I read right jdm does run secondary o2). If tried spraying carb cleaner and pinching lines to find a vacuum leak and I haven't found one. Also have brand new wires and plugs. Any ideas?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Make sure you did not swap the MAP and TPS connectors. They are interchangeable.
As for the high idle make sure the throttle cable has a little slack on it and adjust the idle screw.

Lo Key

Map and tps are in te right spot, I know that it throws people off sometimes because of the intake manifolds. The throttle cable is good, and the TB screw is as tight as it will go. If I loosen it up then the idle is even higher.

Lo Key

I've tried cleaning my IACV and it didn't help at all. Any help would be appreciated....

96LSteg

Jemel
I had this same issue with my LS. Turns out the heating element in the primary o2 was bad making it run in open loop the entire time. How new is your o2 sensor?
What brand? I here the universal ones are shitty so you should get an OEM one if you don't already have one.

Lo Key

It's brand new but I don't remember the brand I got...it wasn't universal though. I fixed my exhaust leak, that helped out a lot...but didn't fix the problem

blxxlee

you are running the stock itr manifold right? Did you cover the nipple on the side of the manifold? When I did my swap I had a high idle until I saw that little vacuum nipple sticking out of the back of the manifold.

Lo Key

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I hate posts that have no solutions. With that being said, I think I may have solved my problem. I feel dumb now, but replaced my fuel filter and my car seems to be getting the power it should and it started strong once I did- granted it was a warm start. I'll update tomorrow morning when I do a cold start and head to work.