HELP!!! wiring radio clock cig lighter???

95b18teggy

So last night driving around i was adjusting my new pioneer deck and hit wrong button and cranked it. Definatly to much bass ...then a pop ok so what i blew a fuse. Tear into it tonight and find the fuses are all perfectly fine. i also found they run the radio and cig lighter off the same fuse? whats with that a 15 amp fuse for cig lighter and radio? very confused im guessing the clock is also on that fuse because that wont work either i tested all the way to the clock and radio and there seems to be power there. i reset everything discoected battery, checked fuses on radio and fusebox checked connections id say the deck fried but the fuse woulda popped and clock would work....confused any help greatly appreciated thx guys

95b18teggy

by under the hood you mean the fusebox underhood? i checked a couple...mostly 50 amp fuses mostly brake fi stuff like that so i concentraded mostly on the fusebox under steering wheel but i will double check those fuses

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
you sure the plugs in the back didnt some how come out? how bout the small fuse in the head unit its self?

95b18teggy

ya i have the whole head unit out everything is good checked all the connections all the way back to the 12 disc changer and ya i checked the 10 amp fuse on the head unit it was fine :( so confused

95b18teggy

thanks to ci

Ok so the problem with the radio clock was a fuse underhood. It was a 7.5 amp labeled "back up." Just want to thank everone for their feedback. Awesome site good people with some good knowledge of the tegra. Thx everyone and I'm sure this is a fairly common problem if running any kind of aftermarket head unit subs etc. I don't quite get the wiring in my car but fixed and happy about that. Thx. Again

LEVEL_DC2

Ok so the problem with the radio clock was a fuse underhood. It was a 7.5 amp labeled "back up." Just want to thank everone for their feedback. Awesome site good people with some good knowledge of the tegra. Thx everyone and I'm sure this is a fairly common problem if running any kind of aftermarket head unit subs etc. I don't quite get the wiring in my car but fixed and happy about that. Thx. Again
i had the same problem, after i figured out it was the one labeled "back up" i kicked myself haha
luckily i printed a wiring diagram, that helped

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
This question is asked once a week and in fact, it's on the same page as this thread. Should be a sticky.

goodyonsen

to bring back this thread...i am having the same problem as the OP. except my clock works, my cig lighter works, but my headunit doesnt turn on or do anything at all. i have changed the fuses and everything. i am about to pull the radio right now to check out the connections. is there anything else i could do? thanks in advance