Help with Buying a Turbo Timer

purpl3ran93r

Hey CI, So I have been looking into buying a turbo timer for myself and I decided on an HKS Type-1 or a Greddy FATT II, but I heard that you NEED a car specific harness for both of them in order to install the timer. I also saw that the HKS had a universal harness but it says a 3 pin female and I don't really know what that is for, so what I'm trying to say is do I really need a harness, for either of them?

Stopsign32v

You don't need a turbo timer. If you get on your car hard right before turning it off let it sit and idle for about a minute. If you are just normally driving its not a big deal, you don't need to let it cool off.

mjones73

I know that, I already know what boost controller I'm gonna get, now I'm trying to get a turbo timer & a boost controller

(sorry for the confusion)
No problem, just making sure. I agree with Stopsign32v you really don't need a timer, just let the car wind down for a min or two before shutting it off if you just got done driving it hard.

Rich-PMS

IMO- but a remote start.

You can warm up your car with the press of a button. And if installed properly it can double as a turbo timer.

While car is running you press the "start" button on the remote- turn key off- car stays running for a set amount of time.

It's all adjustable by programming the remote start :)

my avital model 4103 has it. On the box it says-
parking light flash
defrost activation input
door lock/unlock
turbo-timer built in
auxikart output