help with stereo

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
Okayb guys i might be getting a new inexpensive stereo.
i was thinking a Sony cdx-gt340
on ebay its like 90$ with free shipping and harness
do i need a dash kit for the stereo to fit?
cuz it sort of looks like it doesnt

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
yeah and dont skimp on the kit or you will regret it imo its better to spend a few extra dollars and get a good kit. dont get the walmart ones i put one of them in my accord and it looked like shiz lol

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
thanks man
im 15
and dont really have much cash
i got 90 to spend
and ebay has a 90 dollar one with kit and harness
and free shipping

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
thanks man
im 15
and dont really have much cash
i got 90 to spend
and ebay has a 90 dollar one with kit and harness
and free shipping
yeah man i completly understand that i was 15 once to lol only i didnt have a car. the walmart dash kits are like 13 bucks...if your strapped for cash you could always use that one for a while and upgrade later.:D

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
yea
that what im goin to do
got a kicker zx750
a power akoustic bass processor
and 2 10'' alpine type r's
and maybe an equalizer

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
that year teg doesn't require a dash kit if i remember correctly
Yeah some will fit but my alpine didnt fit flush and there was nothin to hold it in place. and I dont think that sony will fit but op my wanna try and see. I didnt remember that part sorry op.

P3DR0

<~JDM~>
Do work Son
haha
i had to work my ass off for this
i got the car for 600$
of my neightbor which i always help for free
so i guess it was good
i got the alpines and amp with the bass processor for 300$
so i guess its good
i got 2 gauge cable

hulkman38

all GO little SHOW
Do work Son
haha
i had to work my ass off for this
i got the car for 600$
of my neightbor which i always help for free
so i guess it was good
i got the alpines and amp with the bass processor for 300$
so i guess its good
i got 2 gauge cable
Hell yeah buddy if you lived close to me id hook ya up with some more wires and terminal Ive got extra! Lol

Blue95gsr

That car you smoked!
Well I have a pioneer in my 95 teg and I had to put a dash kit in mine. Honestly, get a Metra kit from Fry's if you can. If you cant get it, then get it off ebay. Dude like earlier posts, dont short the cost on the harness & install kit. Nice subs and amp by the way, I was running 2 12' Kenwoods with a 600 watt max Kenwood amp at the age of 15 in my old Nissan reg cab pickup.

99Teggy

Rapid Volvo Tuned
u dont need the kit u can slide it in there. either top or bottom i have mine in bottom my right ringer reaches it perfect when my hand is on the knob.

all u need is the the harness that connects factory plug into aftermarke plug
u just hook up wires based on what they are. most times they have matching colors.
and as far as hooking up the amp and sub
just message me ill help u step by step.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Yes, you need a kit. The factory pocket has no way to attach to your new stereo. Get a Metra. Even though your stereo comes with a harness, you still need a car-side harness. This is an adapter that plugs into your factory stereo's plug and then you wire it to your stereo's harness. Both the kit and harness are vehicle specific. Don't just buy the first thing you see but look up your application for the part number.

Do this right. You have money or else you're not putting gas in the car. So get $50 together and get the kit and harness. And if you don't know what you're doing, then pay another $35 for the installation.

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
heh i was lucky enough to get my car with a aftermarket stereo kit in it already. but ya... if you dont have it well.. the head unit will fly out of the pocket when you accelerate (trust me.. not fun driving with one hand on the wheel and the other holding on to your deck lol)