help with struts please

97teg4l

i was tring to put lowering springs on but my strut bolt that holds the bottom on wont come out. i got the nut off but it wont come out, ive beat it with a hammer and i cant get it to come out the far side. any ideas???

93turboteg

could be seized up in the bushing sleeve, like mine was on the bolt from the control arm to the wheel hub assembly..

or the downward pressure of the strut is holding it in, use a jack and slightly raise the bottom of the strut up a tad or even the control arm up to try and get the holes to line up perfectly... if u understand what im saying

mirrorimg

If he has removed the top mounting nuts it should be free hanging. It probably is seized, and you may want to take out the lower control arm along with the strut. It is the back you are having trouble with right?

93turboteg

be careful with the bolt i was talking about if u decide to take the whole control arm off, iv heard hondas are notorious for it pretty much welding itself in there..

97teg4l

If he has removed the top mounting nuts it should be free hanging. It probably is seized, and you may want to take out the lower control arm along with the strut. It is the back you are having trouble with right?
no its front, sry for not specifying.. um i think the sleeve is seized cause it moves the sleeve on the inside and i can see it spin, will i need to get a new mount or what?

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Put an impact gun on it. When it's come out a little, stick a wrench in there and push it out while blasting on the impact gun

97teg4l

Put an impact gun on it. When it's come out a little, stick a wrench in there and push it out while blasting on the impact gun
i tried pushing it and spinning it.... its like on there good lol, all my other ones come off easy except that one, and im pissed cause i cant run 3 coilovers and on stock haha

acurtegra

you'll prolly jus have to cut the bolt off with a cut-off wheel. get a new one! thats what i had to do with my rears, and also what i still have to do with my fronts haha yes im riding with lowering springs on the rear and not the front.

97teg4l

you'll prolly jus have to cut the bolt off with a cut-off wheel. get a new one! thats what i had to do with my rears, and also what i still have to do with my fronts haha yes im riding with lowering springs on the rear and not the front.
lol, that sucks, but it still wont push out cause the end of the bolt isnt the problem. its siezed to the sleeve on the inside

mirrorimg

So it's the front. Is it the bolt at the bottom of the fork? Or where the shock meets the fork? I'm not quite understanding which bolt you are having issues with.

97teg4l

So it's the front. Is it the bolt at the bottom of the fork? Or where the shock meets the fork? I'm not quite understanding which bolt you are having issues with.
yea its front and its the bolt at the bottom of the fork. sorry for not being specific, im just discouraged cause i cant drive it cause somehow i broke off two lugs on front pass wheel, so i cant drive it, it blowsssss

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
oooh this happen to me! ya impact gun ftw and some pb blaster breaks everything apart! and a crow bar to pry it out a really really big crow bar lol! and suck about the lugs

97teg4l

oooh this happen to me! ya impact gun ftw and some pb blaster breaks everything apart! and a crow bar to pry it out a really really big crow bar lol! and suck about the lugs
yea im pissed. im getting flooded with work this week lol, replacing front bearings and lugs....coilovers....everything is breaking while im trying to do it...wtffff