Help with timing

New98GSRowner

Hey all, I need to find out how to time my 98 gsr, ive got the timing gun and all the tools but I am still a little new to this game lol. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

mjones73

Stock on the B18C1 is 16 degress, there should be a red mark on the crank marking it. The white mark is zero degrees. Basically you loosen and rotate the distributor until you get the red 16 degree mark lined up with the marking on the timing belt cover. Tighten it back up and re-check.

New98GSRowner

Well ive checked google, and what I am tring to figure out is where to put the jumper wire on the service check connector...i would just go down the the honda shop here but apparently they are on strike so no one is working. so i cant get the tool needed but one of the guys there said that i can just use a jumper wire, all i need to know is which slots i put the jumper in?

Afireinside

Not to hi-jack but i was searching and found this post. I found the jumper and have a timing light. I just put in a new distributor. How do I know which mark on the crank is red? Mine have no color on them. I see 3 marks close together and one far away. Which mark should it be on?

Thanks