help....

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
WELL I SOLD MY INTEGRA... went to go look at a EBP civic si and it sucked...so i didnt buy it...but today i looked at a 94 green integra with a 95 GSR motor....car was painted...dropped ..stiff ride....type r spoiler...type R lip....gsr blades....and some other things...i just drove the car...but as i was driving it the car starts hestitating like missing...he has a vtec controller he said thats the reason its missing....because its running rich or something....does neone kno if thats true? other wise the car ran perfectly

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Hmmmm, dont know what it could be, but something of that nature should be pretty easy to fix, Id go for get

Shea

well now...
ehhh i'll have to put a vote towards NOT buying modded cars...i don't think its ever been a good idea

whats the guys excuse for selling?

b18c_teg

1990TeGLs said:
WELL I SOLD MY INTEGRA... went to go look at a EBP civic si and it sucked...so i didnt buy it...but today i looked at a 94 green integra with a 95 GSR motor....car was painted...dropped ..stiff ride....type r spoiler...type R lip....gsr blades....and some other things...i just drove the car...but as i was driving it the car starts hestitating like missing...he has a vtec controller he said thats the reason its missing....because its running rich or something....does neone kno if thats true? other wise the car ran perfectly
Well yea the vtec controller can do that, but like Shea said ur better off buying a stock Integra because most modded cars are sold because something is prob about to fuck up on it. But if u feel that the car runs good and ur getting it for a good price go for it.

1990TeGLs

his excuse for selling it is he wants a scion...or something brand new....hes had the car for like 3 years....i kno him...never really drove the car hard at all

1990TeGLs

hes wants 6500....but he said if he took out the vtec controller that the hesitation will go away....

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
could just be running too rich. if he is running an Apexi VAFC, then you can set it to an analog data readout and check out the A/F ratio's while driving it. its not quite a wideband o2 sensor, but it will still tell you if its running too rich

k624ash

Shea said:
ehhh i'll have to put a vote towards NOT buying modded cars...i don't think its ever been a good idea

whats the guys excuse for selling?
shea had a bad experience.
id say tell the dude you will buy it if he can fix that problem

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
the air/fuel ratio has too much fuel in it. there needs to be less fuel put in for how much air being burned. what kind of VTEC controller is in the car? with most of them you can change how much fuel is being injected. its probably just putting too much fuel in the combustion chamber. he could lean it out with the controller. its just burning too much gas. nothing to do with burning oil

1990TeGLs

i dont kno im pretty sure its an apexi ....i did notice that when i hit VTEC the car smoked a little from teh exhaust like you could see the smoke...but it only happened when i really got on the car....and if i do end up buying the car...how the hell do i work this thing...do i ever have to re tune it? or mess with it? u think im better off if he just takes it out...and VTEC wasntt that loud...it blended in.....u could hear it but it wasnt to loud....i was wondering if the controller came it out VTEC would engage louder?