helppppp, coolant leak in car

95teggy92

im not sure where to post this but i have a problem wuth my water and anti freeze leaking in to the passanger side floor board so i was wondering if any one had any ideas the history of the care is the guy before me put nothing but water in the car with no anti freeze and it froze and cracked the head waterpump and radiator so i think it has to do with that any help thanks

mirrorimg

im not sure where to post this but i have a problem wuth my water and anti freeze leaking in to the passanger side floor board so i was wondering if any one had any ideas the history of the care is the guy before me put nothing but water in the car with no anti freeze and it froze and cracked the head waterpump and radiator so i think it has to do with that any help thanks
Well you should start by replacing those. Since this isnt in a generation specific forum, the year of your car will help also. I dont really see how antifreeze can make it into the driver/passenger compartment though. Have you tried pulling the carpet away and sticking your head under the dash to see where the leak could be originating from?

amaestre32

yeah you shiould replace those..and replace all the hoses as well along with the thermostat and then i dont see how that could happen anymore

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
if its leaking in your floor board its the heater core. the heater in most cars is heated by the hot antifreeze. blower motor blows on the core thus blowing hot air into the car.

95teggy92

well it is a 95 4 door and i have replaced everything but thay thats what i thought it was but wanted to make sure before i bought something i didnt need thank to everyone for the help