hey CI!

dennisly

hey clubintegra, i am somewhat new to this forum but i have been lurking for awhile. im also on azht and honda tech but i just lurk on there too. but now i am finally posting because i am getting a dc4 (hope real soon). but my dad is going to cali to look/buy this integra

and yes i know the body kit on it is ridiculously ugly. i am gonna replace it with a oem bumper/side skirts/rear. but does anyone know what body kit it is? i know someones trash is another mans treasure (something like that haha) and i just wanna sell it but if i cant ill just throw it away. and as for plans on the dc4, i wanna get ksport coilovers, take off the wing, then paint the whole car a nice gloss black, then get a usdm type-r front lip, rota grids, and skunk2 mega power exhaust. then in the long run get a jdm itr front. damn, this is a long intro.

rockadilla

thats right.
:welcome: to the club!
what's going on dude?? So do u live in az? Lol I have actually have azht.com stickers on my car :D

dennisly

yea i live in gilbert, but my dad found that car in orange county for 1800. so hes going tomorrow to go check it out and possibly buy it. its hella cheap but it sure does look gay with that body kit hahah

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Welcome! My uncle lives in OC, it's only about an hour drive for me. Good spot to pick up automotive stuff because it's a nice area; lots of money to invest in teg maintenance :lol:

Hope you get the car and treat her nicely! What are the specs on it and what are your plans for it?

dennisly

when you say specs, do you mean like: 5 speed, 120k miles? and as for the plans, i just want it nice and flush. and hopefully boost it in the long run or if i blow the engine, maybe get a c1 and boost that? i dont know yet, thats just too far ahead haha

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Yeah man. Nice, that mileage is relatively low. Do a compression test when you get it; if the results are positive I say GReddy turbo kit and slammage ASAP :lol:

dennisly

what would be considered average for a compression test? and coilovers are a must, most likely will be my first purchase.

rockadilla

thats right.
Hahaha cool cool lol I live up in the paradise valley area hahaha gilberts hella far.... Aka anything that's like 20+ mins lol but yeah dude I donno dude I got koni yellows and I love em but there kinda on the expensive side so I'd say the skunk2 coilovers would be a good relatively inexpensive kit to buy :D

lol damn I thought I drove a long way to buy my car in chandler which is like 45 mins away but that's nothing to cali lol but if its a good car dude that's a steal for $1800 lol

Btw 1st mod should ALWAYS be security especially here in phoenix car thefts are really bad here especially imports like a teg, unfortunate but true :(

dennisly

yea i heard that integras get stolen alot :/ so i dont know what to do yet. because for now its just a stocker and its not gonna stand out as much. but once i put some coilovers on and some rota grids (im hoping) then i'll probably make a kill switch and get a viper alarm.

rockadilla

thats right.
Yeah get a kilswitch/alarm with a pager and stuff and search "anti theft devices" on here there's some stuff that u can do for less then 10 bucks and 30 mins lol
Let's us know if he gets the car :thumbs up

dennisly

Yeah get a kilswitch/alarm with a pager and stuff and search "anti theft devices" on here there's some stuff that u can do for less then 10 bucks and 30 mins lol
Let's us know if he gets the car :thumbs up
he got the car :D ill post some pictures once he gets home

mirrorimg

what would be considered average for a compression test? and coilovers are a must, most likely will be my first purchase.
a normal compression ratio for a dc4 would be 9.2:1
A compression test actually measures the compression in the cylinders, not to be confused with the motors compression ratio. A compression test is an indicator of how healthy a motor is. Get a compression tester from your auto parts store, and goodle the instructions.

The numbers my motor put out are 205,200,195,205 on the test.

rockadilla

thats right.
^
My bad lol

Awesome dude I hope u can derice it and make it presentable hahaha :thumbs up

I would take it to a shop and have them do a checkup on it to find out if there's any problems with it... And do general mantinance such as changing oil/antifreeze etc. :D