Hey everyone , NEW RIDE

mdan9193

Mdan
Hey all, I finally decided to join the forums. I have been on trolling around on this forum andI tried to look at other integra forums but they were not nearly as close as how helpful this one is, so thanks to those. Anyhow, I bought a 99 Acura Integra LS about 3 weeks ago. It's an automatic so don't hate lol I don't know how to drive stick. Has about 130 K, had the mechanic quickly check out the engine and tranny and said it was in good shape. Only bad thing was that the AC needed a recharge, says the guy I bought it from. It was already lowered on coilovers and i dont recall the name of the shocks, but they were pretty blown (experienced this by making a slight crack in the lip and bumper the first day I bought it lol). I changed the shocks to tokico blues a buddy of mine had with already lowered springs. It gives it a nice drop in the front, but not so much in the back. Car has minor dents n scratches but its expected, I got it under 2K. It didn't have sideskirts when I bought it, but he gave me white type R sides, which I just painted. I'm not really skillfull when it comes to working on it, the only things I have done was the oil change and putting on sideskirts, and the air intake. That's it. I replaced the spark plugs recently as well. I also replaced the altezza lights it came with to 94 - 97 tail lights and did the amber turn signal red out I ordered from ebay, turned out great.

Have a couple of questions though

1) When I am low on gas, the gas light NEVER turns on, I waited to go past E and it still didn't turn on, which makes me thinking maybe there is a CEL on too and it doesn't show up? Just wondering.

2) My horn does not work, but I hear a clicking sound when I press it.

3) How to tell what kind of exhaust it has? I looked under and to the sides I don't see a name on it.

HERE ARE SOME PICS:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
looks pretty good

welcome to the club!

some pics of what you have questions on would be good. my guess would be some ebay/off-brand exhaust.

jznsn2u

Welcome to Club Integra.

L O L nice valve cover xD

edited*

Last edited:
i know everyones taste isnt the same... but please tell me u at least plan on painting the valve cover?? lol.. if not its cool.. its ur car.. but thats horrible.. imo.. lol.. welcome to the club tho man!!! lol

mirrorimg

Horn not working: Could be corrosion of the wires because the clicking you hear is the horn relay.
Gas light not coming on: the bulb may be burned out, pull the cluster out and replace the bulb.
Muffler: N1 style replica muffler, no-name, probably came off of ebay.

mdan9193

Mdan
Horn not working: Could be corrosion of the wires because the clicking you hear is the horn relay.
Gas light not coming on: the bulb may be burned out, pull the cluster out and replace the bulb.
Muffler: N1 style replica muffler, no-name, probably came off of ebay.
Thanks for your input. Yeah I am thinking about having someone take out the muffler and getting another. What do u recommend? I work 6 days a week so barely have any time to actually work on the car, plus I a on a budget as I have lots of bills to pay for. Thanks.