Hey Junk2! FU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Explain. Both why they aren't legit and why they are going after those people. Don't feel like reading 30pgs of internet bullshit to find the answer of he said she said stuff.

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
i still don't get it. what did those 2 dudes do? regardless, that's unprofessional as unprofessional can get.

Last edited:

XjoEnX

From the gist of it, it looks like those two exposed Skunk2 for using shitty quality parts obtained from overseas to create their products.

That's weird. The only complaints about their products that I've seen is just the LCA bushings. Never seen a report on any other product breaking or failing. Maybe I just didn't look enough.

TheSkygun

i don't see why that would upset them. ddmtuning imports hid kits from china and they work great in the cars i have placed them in, worst thing was just waiting to get them bc shipping is two weeks

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
Hmm after some research it seems some people just don't like skunk 2 products. However they don't explain why, just that they are junk 2....

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I'm using all skunk2 parts in my current head, no complaints, all numbers they provided for gains were accurate. They said 10-15hp for tuner1 cams, and I actually gained 15whp with those cams and the pro series high comp valves. I'd say I'm more than impressed. You guys can bash all you want, but I have the dyno sheets to prove their claims. The average b16 dynos at 130whp out here (~6000ft elevation) stock w/ bolt ons. I dynoed at 146whp on my b17 (same as b16 pretty much, with less compression and 2 more hp due to 1678cc displacement) after adding cams and valves w/ bolt ons. I'd say they underestimate their own products if anything.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Blazed & Signal outed that Junk2 does ZERO R&D and just:

A- Replicates the designs of REAL Quality Products.
B- Import shit from "Group A Motorsport"

They have proven that Junk2 does ZERO quality control.

Look at the issues with the Junk2 billet throttle body, there were a huge number of loong threads about issues with miscellaneous Junk2 parts in the K20a.org threads.

They have showcased that Junk2, who put themselves on a proclaimed moral high ground over 'knockoff companies', is a producer of knockoffs and got its start by importing/selling replica wheels (The Z-Speed Mugen RNR rep comes to mind)

Junk2 is just e-thugging against some people who know WTF they're talking about/buying and are not going to pull any punches in saying that Junk2 is shit.

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
In the end i think it all comes down to opinion. Just because two people say all this doesn't mean skunk 2 isn't going to see any drop in purchases.

johnnymass

If they knew they made fake parts then why would they be upset if someone outted them? And to offer cash for these people names makes me think that they are going to have a talk with them and or their lawyers

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
There's a lot more to this story we don't know.

I'm thinking those kids tried to blackmail/extort them..

Status
Not open for further replies.