hi beam problems

93toonteg

Two days ago i went to drive and when i turned my lights on the high beams turned right on....the hi beams will not turn off now. the high beam light dims when i click the switch but nothing just high beams..... what does this mean?

thanks matt

DroolinBuddie

o_O...maybe your wires are crossed? LOL i have a buddy who has to turn on the fog light switch to turn on his headlights...uber fail...his wires are all kinds of f***ed up..., try checking the high beam switch? lol iuno good luck!

What do you mean the high beam just dims? Is it switching back to the low beam filament? You understand that both beams are contained in the same bulb and housing correct?
@darkangel-if the fuse or relay were blown there would be no light output. It is possible however, that the relay might be stuck, keeping the circuit energized.

93toonteg

yes...everything has been working fine for a long time. I checked all the fuses and wires are good. The high beam lights themselves are stuck on...the light on the dash dims but lights do not change from high beams. And yes it is one bulb for the high and low beams. I'm thinking th switch in the steering column. not really sure tho...any ideas? and if so how do i get to it ?

perez102987

So if the hi beams work then it has nothing to do with relays or fuses unless of course the hi beams stay on even after you turn the ignition switch off?if so then the relay for the hi beams could be burnt together not letting it release to the off position.

mad_dog

Sounds like the switch in the steering column might be stuck. See if you can manipulate the indicator switch forward and back to break it loose. Might have to take it apart to check in there as well.

So if the hi beams work then it has nothing to do with relays or fuses unless of course the hi beams stay on even after you turn the ignition switch off?if so then the relay for the hi beams could be burnt together not letting it release to the off position.
Is there an echo in here?

dwebb99

ditto.....Oh BTW, there is a 2nd Gen OEM drivers side headlight/fog in the FS section....good deal.