Hi-flow cat

mattrt09

i want to purchase a hi-flow cat but i noticed that they are different sizes. EX. 2.5 in 2.25in.

im pretty sure thats the side that goes toward the muffler and not the header but i just wanted to make sure.

i didnt want to buy a cat that wont fit.

k624ash

i want to purchase a hi-flow cat but i noticed that they are different sizes. EX. 2.5 in 2.25in.

im pretty sure thats the side that goes toward the muffler and not the header but i just wanted to make sure.

i didnt want to buy a cat that wont fit.
Do you have factory exhaust? if not what size is your header collector and cat-back?

k624ash

arent there different lengths too?? thats what gets me!
if you are buying one to replace the factory one then just buy it for you car. The universal ones come a little short and with no flanges, so you custom fit those

mattrt09

Do you have factory exhaust? if not what size is your header collector and cat-back?
i have stock cat- back right now but i will be buying skunk 2 shortly. 2.25in

and i have a megan racing header but i dont know what size anything on it is.

mteg

Automatic Lover
You want your cat to match your header and exhaust. If its to small, you'll create a bottleneck At the collector and if its too big, you'll create a bottle neck at the start of your catback. This will actually decrease hp. If you go with the skunk2, get a 2.25 cat. Idk what the megan is but I'll bet it's between 2.25 and 2.5

mattrt09

You want your cat to match your header and exhaust. If its to small, you'll create a bottleneck At the collector and if its too big, you'll create a bottle neck at the start of your catback. This will actually decrease hp. If you go with the skunk2, get a 2.25 cat. Idk what the megan is but I'll bet it's between 2.25 and 2.5
ok thanks alot guys