hi i'm new

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
Hi guys I'm new to CI. I've been browsing around at everyone's rides for awhile now, trying to piece together what to put into my blue '97 DC2 teg. I've had my car for about a month now and only have done a few minor adjustments to my car. :\

the only things i've done are some dress ups:

Exterior:
10000K Low Beam HIDs
6000K High Beam HIDs
Clear Corner Signal Lights
Blue Rear License Plate Lights
LED turn signal lights (w/ load resistors to get rid of hyperblink)

Interior
PW JDM blue Balanced shift knob
PW JDM shift boot w/ red stitching
JVC KD-S37 Head Unit
4x 6 1/2" Pioneer G1643 speakers
Noyka Motorsports Blue Pedal Pads

Under the Hood
AEM Short Ram Intake 22-403B

no pics either cuz i have no camera lol, but definitely going to come along the way. Almost everything else is bone stock. I'm thinking to put in either a Skunk2 Megapower R exhaust system or an A'pexi N1 exhaust, still deciding. Also, probably gonna put in type R spoiler/front end lip in the near future, possibly some rims too (still have stock hubcaps). Also thinking about some Skunk2 coilovers just to lower the car a little more. any suggestions for what I else I should put on my car for pure performance would be greatly appreciated. :)
Looking forward to a warm community lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
skunk2 mega power is too big for your car, an apexi N1 is fine. I remember the Skunk2 is either 2.5 or 3" and up in size for the B series i dont quite remember

arexniba

"97 DC2 Integra."
What model do you have so we can help guide you.

OBEY POSSE GSR

ask and ye shall recieve
welcome dude , im Reggie . hope u enjoy the site . but please post some pics , i hate reading books and other crap im more of a big pop ups and colorfull crayons lol.. so help a brotha out

arexniba

Yeah, the coilovers are 3" and up for my car.

I have an LS with a B18B1 stock engine. Sorry for being so vague.
Well from your future mod upgrades, you seem to want to stick to exterior looks and somewhat suspension.

I am also a member of team-integra, and one discussion the community always talks about when people ask "what should i do next...?"
We call this "lego-building." Meaning, why would you buy just an exhaust without getting it complete with a header and a cat.?
Also, what power gains would you like to see?
Do you want to keep your car naturally aspirated, turbo, supercharge?

In my opinion if this is something you're going to drive daily and are not really looking to really go all out on performance, then I think the simple bolt-ons would be suffice for you.
Things such as a 2.5" full exhaust system and an intake.

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
Well from your future mod upgrades, you seem to want to stick to exterior looks and somewhat suspension.

I am also a member of team-integra, and one discussion the community always talks about when people ask "what should i do next...?"
We call this "lego-building." Meaning, why would you buy just an exhaust without getting it complete with a header and a cat.?
Also, what power gains would you like to see?
Do you want to keep your car naturally aspirated, turbo, supercharge?

In my opinion if this is something you're going to drive daily and are not really looking to really go all out on performance, then I think the simple bolt-ons would be suffice for you.
Things such as a 2.5" full exhaust system and an intake.
Well, I would want to keep it with natural aspiration, because turbo/supercharge is too expensive to maintain. I do daily commuting with this car, but I'm more concerned with performance of this car. After I put on all my mods I'm going to just use it as a car on the track.
The total power gains that I want are around 350+ WHP with regular oil; I have no idea how that'll work out though, since I don't know what real mods will boost the HP, but I heard that headers can increase the HP a bit.
Would it be better with an exhaust with separate parts bought instad of an A'pexi N1f full exhaust system?

arexniba

Well, I would want to keep it with natural aspiration, because turbo/supercharge is too expensive to maintain. I do daily commuting with this car, but I'm more concerned with performance of this car. After I put on all my mods I'm going to just use it as a car on the track.
The total power gains that I want are around 350+ WHP with regular oil; I have no idea how that'll work out though, since I don't know what real mods will boost the HP, but I heard that headers can increase the HP a bit.
Would it be better with an exhaust with separate parts bought instad of an A'pexi N1f full exhaust system?
350+ whp is unattainable with a naturally aspirated motor. And a non-vtec motor doesn't really help to even reach those goals.
A few years back, a friend of a friend, spent about $20k on his gs-r motor. With all that money he was able to put down 240whp on a naturally aspirated engine. And that's fully building the engine, internal upgrades, bolt-ons, tuning, etc.

The only way for your motor to see those kind of gains would definitely be through force induction.
Even 200whp is a bit of a step to attain on your model.

And when I meant full exhaust system, I am saying:
header, catalytic, and axle back (from the end of the catalytic to the muffler).
And your exhaust system needs to match in diameter all the way to avoid bottle-necking.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Sounds good so far man, welcome! By the way, an LS/RS/GS 2dr is considered a DC4, not a DC2. Just letting you know :thumbs up