HID lighting suggestions

heydude348

thinking about adding HID lights to 2000 GSR. Looking for suggestions on brand, wattage and hi and low beams. Do they make a hi and low beam kit or is it one or the other? Also, not looking to get that "blue" light look. Just want a brighter "white" light.

2000 integra

Scotay
i bought a set of acr, i think thats the brand, 35W 8000k and they are super white and bright. i paid $170 but i also didn't want to cheap out and i am extremely in love with them. that is what you would be looking for!!

bkirshr

User that is Registered
I bought mine off this page. Make sure to check the bulb size. check the color chart.
https://www.ddmtuning.com/
This. I have a set of ddmtuning HID's and they are awesome. However it seems to be hit or miss for some people on how long they last. I've has mine for a year with no problems. as for the color, 5k is pure white, and 6k has a small tint of blue. Those would probably be your best bet as for what you are looking for. Check the chart in the link provided above, and google to see which color you like best. 35W is fine, is fine, and since the high beam is a separate bulb, you would need a new set for those. (I just kept the high beams halogen)

TheSkygun

I have two kits from ddmtuning and both have been great for me.
35w 6000k and a 55w 8000k and no issues.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
So I bought just a ballast from ddm and the color doesn't match exactly, its a little more white than my other one. Same bulbs...I got the 55w ballast cause I heard the 35 was for fog light applications...any ideas why the new ballast doesn't give as much of a blue tint as my other one?

TheSkygun

35w is for anything but is preferred for fogs because 55w takes out color and creates more heat

55w ballast using 8000k bulbs is closer to a 35k ballast with 6000k-7000k bulbs

also 55w ballast has more output then 35w ballast

TheCrimsonStar

Here's a good comparison.

Pass low beam is a xentec 35w 6000k, pass high beam is halogen. Driver's low beam is Autovizion 6000k 55w and so is the driver's high beam. I currently have all autovizion 6000k 55w

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

96LSteg

Jemel
I had 12000k that I got off eBay in my teg. They lasted for about 2yrs. They were extremely bright and had a violet tint to them

festetech

55 W makes it bright as hell and "washes" some of the color down.
I drive around during the day with a DDM kit at 6000k 55w. a lot of people flash their highbeams at me; maybe because they are too bright or they are in the "high beam" housing.
around 6000k 35W seems more particle from my experience.

Skidmarks

Cascade Honda Crew
Ok, sounds like I got 55w and it made it more white. I guess ill get a 35w and see if that fixes it :)