HID Lighting???

subbyzzz

Looking to get some HID's cuz the stock DA lighting is kinda funny, but I really don't know anything about HID's (in car's anyways *wink*) and I have some questions. I live in Washington.. and it rains and snows and I can't have my brights on during heavy rain or any type of snow because my vision is reduced, so I'd like some brighter than normal HID low beams and fog lights, but some real bright high beams.. but I heard you can't put HID high beams in a car?? So I guess I'm really looking for some suggestions towards an HID setup for fog, low, and high beams, cuz I most definitely use both of my high and low beams at different times... and I don't want to be stuck with just really bright low beams all the time.. that would be annoying

atomic_peach

I believe you can't have HID in the high beams because they are not projectors like the low beams are, and there is a law somewhere prohibiting HIDs unless they are in projectors. It is physically possible to use them as highs, but HIDs need to warm up, so turning them off and on is not very helpful or efficient.

As for information on HIDs, there are a lot of threads. I can't link to them with my phone, but a search will find them.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk