HID Low Beams

ju10

I'm about to install my HID halo lights and the guy that I bought em from said to get the low beam halos(I think) to light up I need to hook them up to the turn signal or something.

Has anyone done this before that can help me?

cvcrcr99

It is two wires. Tap the positive wire into a power source that turns on how you want. The negative wire goes to a ground.

It should be that simple.

Do you want the halos to turn on with the high beams only? If so, the positive wire gets spliced into the positive wire on the high beams. etc etc

ju10

It is two wires. Tap the positive wire into a power source that turns on how you want. The negative wire goes to a ground.

It should be that simple.

Do you want the halos to turn on with the high beams only? If so, the positive wire gets spliced into the positive wire on the high beams. etc etc
I want them to turn on with the parking lights and turn signals so I guess tap those wires? Also, how would you suggest tapping into the wire?

EDIT: I jusst found out only need the quick splice connectors. Do they draw a lot of current? I'm guess not since they are LEDs (I think)

Last edited:

cvcrcr99

No idea if they draw a lot of power. Let us know how everything goes

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
you should be fine. just hook it up to the constant power on the parking light (the one that doesnt blink when you turn the parking light on). i hooked up my H1 fog light bulbs to the parking light and i had to up the fuse by 5 amps because they kept popping. LEDs dont draw much power.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.

ju10

Cool well I hooked it all up and it looks awesome. Thanks for the help. Just had a thought, what's the green wire go to on the turn signal light? Wondering if I can make the halos blink with it.. :idea:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
yeah. its to make it blink.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.