hid problems already yay!!

98IntegraRS

sooo, i order my kit from ddmtuning, and i installed it everything was sick! i loved them, there were sooo bright and crystal white like i wanted, sooo this morning i on my way to work its 5:30am, still dark as helll out, so i go to put them on and nothing happened??

The normal lights will work and my turn signal lights, but when i turn on the hids only my turn signals come on..
Everything is plugged in, there just not working, i can't see BOTH my lights burning out at the sametime, i guess its all just broke or what?

O btw i used them probably 3-4 times at most.

Any ideas

j13

Keep It Clean
Recheck everything bro. All connections

EDIT: What do these HID lights consist of? Light bulbs? Or a module harness/bulbs?

Last edited:

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Mine have issues when they are cold. Try turning them off and on a few times to get power to go through the ballasts and warm them up. Works for me.

ls/lownslow

1) you got a bad set
2) your fuses are blown
3) got a short in your wires

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Yeah, recheck make sure all the harnesses are good, the harness clips are locked on tight. OH and did you touch the bulbs with your hands? When my cousin had this problem it turned out to be the ballasts, could be you got some defected ones or they're just not plugged in tight enough. Good Luck.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
Ya the weather can effect em with warming up. Ddm should replace if they're a bad at though... How long you had em?

98IntegraRS

Recheck everything bro. All connections

EDIT: What do these HID lights consist of? Light bulbs? Or a module harness/bulbs?
It's an hid kit from ddmtuning, there's 2 bulbs..wires running to 2 ballasts, 3 plug in's on each side.

Mine have issues when they are cold. Try turning them off and on a few times to get power to go through the ballasts and warm them up. Works for me.
Maybe that's why, it was 5:30am, it was wet and cold.

1) you got a bad set
2) your fuses are blown
3) got a short in your wires
What fuses?

Yeah, recheck make sure all the harnesses are good, the harness clips are locked on tight. OH and did you touch the bulbs with your hands? When my cousin had this problem it turned out to be the ballasts, could be you got some defected ones or they're just not plugged in tight enough. Good Luck.
I never touched the bulbs. :( I made sure when i was installing them, they worked great until this morning.

Ya the weather can effect em with warming up. Ddm should replace if they're a bad at though... How long you had em?
I hope it was just the weather, I'll be pretty pissed off.. I've had them maybe 2 weeks at the most? probably a week and a half. Like I said, I've only put them on while driving 3-4 times.........

thanks for all the replys guys

Space Cadet

LOBALLN
Yea check out the headlight fuses in your fuse panel. Its usually a good idea to upgrade, or install larger fuses, anytime you installl HID's

killjoy

Yea check out the headlight fuses in your fuse panel. Its usually a good idea to upgrade, or install larger fuses, anytime you installl HID's
You people need to stop suggesting to "upgrade" fuses that come with the stock setup, they're at a certain rating for a reason. They need to stay at manufacturer's spec. Also, HID's run at LESS wattage than halogen, so wtf are you talking about??

HID's sometimes take a minute to warm up. OP, did you wait for them at all or just assume they were bad immediately?

98IntegraRS

i waited, i took em off, cleaned them, cleaned out all the connectors, re-installed them, turn my car on, turn my lights on.....nothing, let it sit there for 10 minutes, nothing.................................

Plugged in my old lights, they worked fine, so something is wrong with this stupid kit

Last edited:

jbrown97ls

Which kit did you get? I somehow got two defective ballasts(luckily i tested my kit before i installed) and have to send my slim kit in for the raptor... call their support line, they're really helpful and understanding.

98IntegraRS

incase anyone cares, i found out the problemm..

i clicked the indicator towards me and the hids worked again yayyyyyyyy