Hid Purchase

F3D3X

Hey guys i plan on purchasing a pair of HIDS for my Teg. I dont know if i would need to make any adjustments to my Headlights or need to purchase any other parts to have HID kit. I also would like to know if you guys know anything about the kit i plan on purchasing they are mcculloch. heres the link:
http://www.speedstyles.com/images/hidpic.jpg

Any ideas and recommendations would be appreciated.

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
As with any plug and play HID kit...it all depends on the exact set you get. Most brands carry both positive and negative reviews. Some people love them, others have defective ballasts and crappy bulbs.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
mine for example, one side will go out every 6 months or so, all i have to do is clean out the terminals and switch the bulb from one side to another....its weird but it works.

tbeesh

the great
Mcculloch is a reputable brand, but they might be pricey.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
On the bottom of that page, almost $550? but pricey.... Go for DDM tuning, good kits, good prices. I hope you dont have as many issues as im having with mine. They turn on, flicker, then go off.... it's a work in progress

ImElvis

Sup yo'
I suggest DDMTuning.com also.. I think they're having a sale right now too. I bought 2 kits from them and so far I have zero problems..

F3D3X

Thanks guys, for DDMT which set would i need?Ill choose between 6000-8000k on the color. But what wattage? and Bulb type? Thanks

97GSRVTEC

If you want more brightness, go with the 55w slim ballast kit. The 35w ballast are just a little bit smaller. If you go with 55w, get 6000k bulbs. Same for the 35 as well. Depends on how "blue" you want your light output as well. The low beams are 9006.

I have the 35W 8000K setup on my car. Here's a bad shot of how one looks, not quite warmed up all the way though. And only one bulb as one of them died :???: Still much better output versus the halogens I used to have in them. I'll get a better shot tonight when they're aimed and both HIDs are working.

blitzillist

Professional RiceR
wow..... hid kits have come down ALOT! i bought my hids from mccolloch almost 5 years ago but still i paid 300 but that was about the price for every kit. Now your looking at about 50? are they good?

Godlike

Ive had good luck with mine. I got the cheapest chinese kits i could find on Ebay and no problems. I put them in my van, 2 berettas and my atv. Make sure you like the color temperature before buying.