HID retrofit=cant see shit (00 Integra)

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
HID retrofit=cant see shit (UPDATED W/PICS)

Just bought an HID set from cheesenip,..OEM Lexus RX330 philips balast,and bulbs rebased/retrofitted,...And I can't see shit! Feels like the light is scattering to the right and left,they are 4300k. I'll try to post pics tonight,..any suggestions? I'm afraid I'ma have to put the 'proper' bulbs in for my car,..

I jsut 'restored' my headlights using something that merchants sells,wich is a wetsand and a clearcoat,so my light lenses aren't foggy at all,..

The bulbs themselves put out ALOT of light,but its like they are pointed straight down. I can't see in the 'middle' at all,just on the right,and left side,like other peoples lanes,...lol

Last edited:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Damn...I never heard of a complaint like that from a retrofit.

Are RX330 projectors retrofitted in a set of headlights? Sorry for the dumb question, but you didn't say anything about projectors. Pics would prob help, but I'm not lighting/electical expert by any means.

DB8 sleeper

you probly need to adjust ur headlights..since you said its only on the left and right.

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
you probly need to adjust ur headlights..since you said its only on the left and right.
I guarantee taht is what needs to be done,

When you retroed them in place did you make sure they had proper rotational and vertical alignment? if not and you eyeballed it then i guarantee that it will be off

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Cheesenip installed them,..

I checked the adjustment,and they are pointed up as high as they can go,and I didn't see any side-to-side adjustments,..here are some phone pics I snapped,...It looks bright as hell,but I assure you I cannot see hardly ANYTHING at night. My old Nokya hyperblue bulbs had better visibility,...

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
u sure they re in all the way? move them around while they re on
u might have missed one of the teeth on bulb housing

compare ur hid bulbs to regular bulbs to see the focal point

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
I told you that your light pattern is goin to be scattered. You have halogen projectors. They absolutly will not project the HID beam the way a projector from a car with HID's will. I dont care what you do, it will not happen. As far as adjusting the buld and turnin it..that wont do it either.