HID Vs halogen

mirrorimg

You're just replacing the stock projector. Your OEM headlights would work for this. Aftermarket headlights would be the best choice because they don't have the cut-off line. Best source for HID retrofit info:HID Planet!!. The community there is very helpful. Here's lots of examples on Honda-Tech:CLICK ME
Here's one with HID without proper housing. See that insane glare.

Here's a clean look with HID retrofit
The reason why the difference is so huge is because the top picture is a REFLECTOR housing headlight, while the bottom is a PROJECTOR (and specifically a HID procector) headlight.

There is still a cutoff line with 3rd gen headlights, although it is certainly not as crisp. The cars that should not get HIDs at all cost are ones with reflector housings (late model Civics and DA's)

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
Should turn out great man. That's what I picked up. I rarely get flashed after I adjusted beam angles. Night time and rain vision improved ten fold. Plus my acura looks like an acura. I don't see why the usdm market never offered hid as an option on the integras.

Sent from my EVO with tapatalk.

rexpepper123

Should turn out great man. That's what I picked up. I rarely get flashed after I adjusted beam angles. Night time and rain vision improved ten fold. Plus my acura looks like an acura. I don't see why the usdm market never offered hid as an option on the integras.

Sent from my EVO with tapatalk.
thats the main reason i ordered them seeing in the rain is so horrible here our roads are so poorly paintd it just looks like a huge black peice of glass. winters coming too so excited! (for the hids not winter :lol:)

MofoTomO

Went to DDMtunning website, I am confused on all the extra add-ons, what are they for and if I need them. Please explain.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Don't need any of the add on for our integra. If you have a gen 3 all you need is a 9006 hid kit(either 35watt or 55watt) 55watt is brighter of course! I'd suggest 4300k for best light output.

They do the trick but isn't good enough for me now...im going retro!

Psycho719

so for my 1997 GSR,.,, i would get the 35W, 9006 bulbs... 6000k color...

but then there are options to purchase extra things...like HID harness...(dual in/out).... error code eliminator (type 3?)....adaptor cables? (H1/H7 to 9006?) ... and then mounting brackets...

what all do i need to complete the kit and have it function 100% proper?
You won't need anything else, or at least I didn't't on my 3rd Gen GSR or my old 89 Civic.