Hid vs projector jdm

bangeles

Anybody know where i can get a quality jdm 1 piece projector headlamps for my 92 gsr? specifically without the halo! please :lol:

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
First of all there is no jdm projector version of the gen 2 headlamps. All the projector lamps for gen 2 are simply aftermarket and to be honest most of them suck in the looks department. Simplest thing to do if you are looking for a projector though is to browse ebay and you will likely see every type that exists.

Second.. whats this hid vs projector jdm business... you might need to brush up on what HID actually is or rephrase your question.

bangeles

well hid would just be the bright ass bulbs in the standard reflective housing, while the projectors take the hid bulb and focus it, at least thats what my understanding is...thats probably why i can't find a set of good looking 1 piece projectors..what about shedding some light on a projector retrofit for the oem headlamps? how possible is it, easy or difficult, and the processes? really love the look of projector headlamps.. just recently got this gsr so still fairly new bear with me :)

Last edited:

bkirshr

User that is Registered
You'd probably have to do some research to see if g2's can be retrofitted. I'm sure some people have tried. Like he said, they only make aftermarket projector headlights for g2's And they aren't very good. A retrofitted g2 might look really cool.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
They have been done. Execution is key to how it looks. Look on hidplanet.com through the vhicle database thread and youll see some examples. For more you will have to search the internet. hondatech's hid retrofitclub thread has more. Retro will be better than any projector set ive seen for sale.

DarkDB1

Retrofits have been done in the JDM 1 piece headlights several times that I have seen personally, Haven't really seen the 3 Piece's done but have heard of it being done.

The problem is that there are flute lines to spread out the light output, These will have to be shaved down like so

which can only be done to plastic lens headlights (OEM= Glass).

But what you can do to for simplicity and since you seem to like the black backgrounds on aftermarket headlights is to get a set of these.

and do a retrofit onto them like this since the lens is already clear.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?28249-My-first-retro-90-DA-integra

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Retrofits have been done in the JDM 1 piece headlights several times that I have seen personally, Haven't really seen the 3 Piece's done but have heard of it being done.

The problem is that there are flute lines to spread out the light output, These will have to be shaved down like so

Just curious. Can't you just keep the oem one piece housing and swap the glass fluted lens for an aftermarket plastic clear one? Or is there a fitment problem?

Last edited:

DarkDB1

Just curious. Can't you just keep the oem one piece housing and swap the glass fluted lens for an aftermarket plastic clear one? Or is there a fitment problem?
You can interchange them, A friend tried that out a long time ago. He test fitted the clear lens on his JDM 1 pieces, But the problem is that it looks like this when you take the fluted lens off and with the clear lens... it's all you see.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Looks terrible like that but any headlight would. Would have to see it with lens on in the car. Could do a little black housing work to improve upon it.. that fog is oogly like that though. lol

Integra-itr

which can only be done to plastic lens headlights (OEM= Glass).

But what you can do to for simplicity and since you seem to like the black backgrounds on aftermarket headlights is to get a set of these.

and do a retrofit onto them like this since the lens is already clear.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?28249-My-first-retro-90-DA-integra
I looking for one piece set jdm headlights
Anybody have it or can give me a link about it?