hid's in both low beam and high beam

OlegWasHere

Is it safe?

right now i just have regular 9006 and 9005 bulbs.
when its pitch black the visibility is pretty good but when there is other lights around its shit.

i know you can put hid's in hi-beams but what about low since around here im pretty sure you can get pulled over for using high beams.

i was looking at the ddmtuning ones that are posted all over this forum.

would i have to get two sets?
i was looking between the 4500 for low and 6000k for high if it was safe.

any input?

prophetDB7

DDM Tuning 6k 35w low beams best in my opinion.

Warming up

Final

HIDs in the low beams is perfectly fine since our cars have projectors even if they are not meant for HIDs.. Make sure it is properly aligned. Most of the time people just drop their HIDs in, and it blinds the hell out of people. Ive driven with them for almost 1 year, and only been flashed once.

DDM tuning hids take a few seconds to reach their peak light output. If you put them in your high beams, first and foremost there is no projector, so the light will be scattered. Secondly, you will have to wait for a few seconds before they actually light up.

Honestly, my low beams are enough for even the darkest streets/highways. I rarely use my highbeams.

To answer your question, you would need 2 sets of hids for both low and high beams.

Last edited:

BeatBox

Real Good!
i like the way those look ^ ^ ^ ^

i have 3k highs, 12k lows

actually have bulbs from 3-12k lol so far this combo is my favorite

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
Your HID choice is fine. 6K is still pretty bright in terms of high beams. As long as the bulb size matches up for the 9005/9006 then you'll be all gravy.

WAR 178

Premium User
I drive 24/7 with my low and hi beams on.....
I have 6k low beam
3k hi beam
I get some people every so often who tend to flash me to say my hi beams are on....then I flip em off!
I run both because im tired of the cell phone texters...
With all my lights on.... you can say you didnt see me!!! It has happened to me more than once, & lost a teggy due to people zoning out.
Yes you need x2 sets if you want both to be HID....9005/9006

96GSRteg

Tyler
I drive 24/7 with my low and hi beams on.....
I have 6k low beam
3k hi beam
I get some people every so often who tend to flash me to say my hi beams are on....then I flip em off!
I run both because im tired of the cell phone texters...
With all my lights on.... you can say you didnt see me!!! It has happened to me more than once, & lost a teggy due to people zoning out.
Yes you need x2 sets if you want both to be HID....9005/9006
even if people arent texting, driving with your brights on is almost as much of a distraction. Plus people who drive around with their brights on just look retarded because they dont realize they have them on.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
even if people arent texting, driving with your brights on is almost as much of a distraction. Plus people who drive around with their brights on just look retarded because they dont realize they have them on.
x2.
I find it pointless when people get HIDs for their high beams as the warm up time defeats the purpose of using your high beams half the time, although they could be useful.. it's just not really practical. If you really want the 3k yellows or whatever, get fogs.

OlegWasHere

x2.
I find it pointless when people get HIDs for their high beams as the warm up time defeats the purpose of using your high beams half the time, although they could be useful.. it's just not really practical. If you really want the 3k yellows or whatever, get fogs.
see heres the problem for me anyway.
compared to the rav4 i sometimes drive (which is obviously higher) even my highbeams arent as good as those low beams.

i drive with my high beams on all the time even by cops and noone flashes me or honks. its like my car is too low.

btw i passed inspection without adjusting any of the lights.

goofygamer

If it's seriously dark where you live, just grab a 55w kit with like 4300k-6000k bulbs. Either that or do a retrofit. You'd have to spend a couple hundred, but it'll be worth it if you do a lot of night driving and don't live in a well lit area.

OlegWasHere

Or...adjust your headlights so your cutoff is raised a bit
thats the thing they wont go any higher.
when i put on my new fenders see if that helps because the front end is sagging a little bit.

basically. the insurance company said they werent going to replace my fenders because there was a quarter of an inch of rust on them so they were previously damaged.