HIDs on USDM headlights.

Holy_Chit

Does it look okay? Or will I just be wasting my money? I don't really wanna buy some clear aftermarket headlights I love the look of the stock lights. If anyone has pictures of USDM headlights with HID I'd love to see them.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Everyone and their mom has HIDs in their oem headlights, google could find you many pictures but I will post one of mine

Holy_Chit

Everyone and their mom has HIDs in their oem headlights, google could find you many pictures but I will post one of mine

well i know that, its just i was researching and all ive read is that the oems will make the light scatter and ill seem like a duche to every other driver

Jeffbel

well i know that, its just i was researching and all ive read is that the oems will make the light scatter and ill seem like a duche to every other driver
Only way to get around that is a cutoff line. You need projectors.

TheSkygun

you can just through in a pnp and not care, depending on where you live. where im at people don't really let it get to them.
or you can do a retro fit like some other members are planing on doing and have a clean look with hids and a cutoff

Holy_Chit

you can just through in a pnp and not care, depending on where you live. where im at people don't really let it get to them.
or you can do a retro fit like some other members are planing on doing and have a clean look with hids and a cutoff
still new to hids so can you explain what a pnp is? and by a cutoff you mean like take the housing apart and smoothen it out so the ridges arent int them?

Holy_Chit

Do you mean something like this?

TheSkygun

pnp stands for plug and play, on Klutchdb7's car, they are hids but have the oem generation 3 integra projectors, which were meant for halogen bulbs, not hids, so the light scatters

cutoff is where the hid lighting stops going up

see how the light only goes so high and not anymore up, that is due to the cutoff

TheSkygun

Do you mean something like this?

those are projectors and the just sanded down the inside of the covers because those lines would scatter the light all over he place again and ruin the cutoff

but based on that picture id say that person probably did a retro fit for hid projectors, then sanded the inside of the covers to do what i just mentioned above

Holy_Chit

those are projectors and the just sanded down the inside of the covers because those lines would scatter the light all over he place again and ruin the cutoff

but based on that picture id say that person probably did a retro fit for hid projectors, then sanded the inside of the covers to do what i just mentioned above
oh okay thanks for the explanation, one last thing how can i do a cutoff then?