High beams and fog lights

iCali

Daily User
Hey everyone I was just wondering if there was a way to have your high beams and fog lights on at in my 1992 Acura Integra the same time. Also i was wondering how difficult it would be to install an HID kit because my lights are horrible.
Thanks

iCali

Daily User
ok cool any suggestions on what i should get? preferably not being pulled over all the time haha

Ganyon

6000k or 8000k. Most people will say 8. 6000k is pure white and 8000k has just a touch of blue. So either one of those.

TheSkygun

i have 55w 8000k and its a nice hint of blue, but if your wanting visibility go with 6000k
people may tell you that ddmtuning.com HID kits are crap but i have them and they work great for me so far, $55 shipped give or so a few dollars

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Heh...my bro's ddmtuning HID lasted only two days. The good thing is that it is a lifetime warranty. It'll take like 2 weeks to ship because they're shipping from China.

TheSkygun

ouch on the two days, and yeah the shipping sucks but i live 30mins from on of the stores.
mine have lasted 4 so far. and the ones on my buddies cars have lasted for a while now and keep lasting

1. Dont get HIDs unless you're going to retrofit. If you do, 4300k has the most usable light(as far as the percentage of the light that is output in relation to the color spectrum the human eye can see).
2. You can wire the fog light switch to the defroster wire or just wire it to a switchable 12v source. The extra connectors of the under dash fuse box work well.

tilegend

on the 2nd gen integras your high and low beam are one bulb *dual filaments* (9004)
HIDs dont use filaments but rather gas... so most of the kits that are out there are considered single xenon
they do have kits out there that can function as both high & low, sometimes know as bi-xenon but they're considerably more expensive, not to mention the bi-xenon function may not always be the best.

KiNGKAOS

1. Dont get HIDs unless you're going to retrofit. If you do, 4300k has the most usable light(as far as the percentage of the light that is output in relation to the color spectrum the human eye can see).
2. You can wire the fog light switch to the defroster wire or just wire it to a switchable 12v source. The extra connectors of the under dash fuse box work well.
Is there a step by step on how to do this?

Thanx

DarkDB1

Which one? the re-wire or retrofit?...

Fog light
http://bit.ly/uUdQ6T

And as BrokenTalon said... I wouldn't run HID's without a retrofit because the flute lines in the housing are not meant to take that much output and scatter the light EVERYWHERE.... It is illegal and you won't see much better then having a good set of halogen bulbs.

michaelz

retro fit isn't easy, you basically need a set of proper projectors and bulb setup from a TSX or something and install them into your current headlights. difference in light is day and night though.

6000k aftermarket kit

4300k OEM HIDs