high idle after hard run

stealthy

Not Turbo Lag,Its Forplay
for some reason whenever i run my car hard (even just one short WOT run) it idles high afterwards til i shut the car down and it cools down. im talking 2000-2500 rpm, not a ton but still a good but higher than what it should be (1000rpms).

anyone else had this problem or have a solution as to how i can fix this? any other time the idle is pretty steady for the most part.

stealthy

no one? this last time, even after cooling down it still idled high and i had to adjust the throttle cable

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
go get a smok machine and mae ure u dont have a Vac leak.,That would be my first test..Then check your TPS and Map<--if your car even uses that. make sure the connections arent loose. or the sensor might be acting retarded b/c they are hot

stealthy

go get a smok machine and mae ure u dont have a Vac leak.,That would be my first test..Then check your TPS and Map<--if your car even uses that. make sure the connections arent loose. or the sensor might be acting retarded b/c they are hot
how do i check my map? bc i just rewired my nitrous so the TPS is definatly good.

Winki

Undercover mod
what would we do with out out neon driver 8)

but yeah check some where around your throtle body

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
it's not a vac leak... you would have a jumpy idle if it was a vac leak...

you said you had to adjust your throttle cable last time? see if you TB is sticking. my ex-girlfriend's dad's civic had that problem for a while, only it would bounce off of the rev limiter when it got stuck. little bit of wd-40 or pb blaster and it was all better.