High idle after warmed up.... LOST!!!

JoeystegDA

Soo like the title says. My car believe it or not idles high after i drive it on the freeway. If im normal street driving it will idle great but once i get on it or I drive on the freeway as soon as I come to a stop it idles at like 1500 to 2000... IVe searched and searched and cant seem to figure out nething. THe car is stock except for aem intake, megan headers, skunk 2 tb and greddy exhaust. Ne ideas?

LittleB10

maybe look into checking ur throttle sensor, cleaning out your iac valve and cleaning/adjusting your fit valve. just a couple places to start. good luck man and update when can!

JoeystegDA

Yeah thats what I was thinking would be a good start as well so I cleaned the iacv and my air filter. Checked all my fluids while i was there all looks good. The cleaning helped a little. As in it doesnt idle as high nemore but it still idles high and its always after a long drive. Im gonna check the cable and the little screw on the tb??? I forgot where it is but U should know which screw im talking about. I hear it can get stuck. Ill let you all know what happens

WAR 178

Premium User
check and see if the throttle body is staying slightly stuck open. check the tension on your throttle cable as well. maybe oil/lube the spring where the cable meets the TB...it might not be closing 100% after you give the car some gas.
g/l