High Idle, High Idle on cold starts

STARSCREAM

Got some weird things going on when I cold start the car,

92 b18b with ys1 tranny

Everytime I cold start it the rpms shoot to about 2400 witch is pretty high for even a cold start then when it reaches about 2500 it sharply drops to like 1000 for a second and continues at about 2100. has this happened with anyone else before?

and I'm also having high idle issues I've cleaned out my Fast idle and Idle air intensly and have the plastic pieces snuggly screwed. could it be a vaccum leak? or maybe my TPS sensor might be going out?

any info helps guys

2kdb7

I had the same issue on my da it would go up to 2.5 then drop and repeat until it warmed up. I was told by my mechanic that my cai caused it.

Jayteg

Mine idles at 2000-2400 until it warms then it slowly degrades.

STARSCREAM

I had the same issue on my da it would go up to 2.5 then drop and repeat until it warmed up. I was told by my mechanic that my cai caused it.
idk if it would be my Cold air cause it does it with the full cold air and when its detatched to be a short ram. its weird hah

STARSCREAM

Mine idles at 2000-2400 until it warms then it slowly degrades.
I heard thats way too high to be idling at, even with cold starts, I think its supposed to be around 15-17 warming up and idling at 700-900. I could be wrong tho.

where does it idle when your engine is warmed up?

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
that is too high.. whereas I cannot sya what may be causing it I'd suspect a vacuum leak somewhere..

A CAI wouldn't cause that issue... I have an AEM CAI installed on my teg and it doesn't make me get a rediculous high idle like that. WHen I start my teg runs at 700RPM for a few seconds till oil get pumped to the top the gently raises to 1500 for a minute or so until it warms a little then drops to 1k after a couple minutes... after completely warm idle is @700-750 RPM...

STARSCREAM

alright so I'm guessing its a vacuum leak,

I'm able to check this with brake cleaner correct? pretty much spray all over the vaccume hoes and listen for idle change? or?..

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
yes you can do that or just do a visual inspection of the hoses you have... there aren't that many