High Idle?

GSRMarris

Hey Im just curious, When my car is cold it idles at 2500 rpms. As it warms up and starts to register oil temperature is slowly drops to normal idle. Is it supposed to a 'Quick warm' cyle or is there something that needs to be done

Thanks

Integra36

Can't wait for my GSX!
Hey I'm just curious, When my car is cold it idles at 2500 rpms. As it warms up and starts to register oil temperature is slowly drops to normal idle. Is it supposed to a 'Quick warm' cycle or is there something that needs to be done

Thanks
Could be your fuel injectors are a bit gunked up. If it's only happening when it's cold then I don't know. Try some fuel injector cleaner/fuel system cleaner combo pack. I did this time to mine for a temporary fix until I get my new engine and parts and this got rid of my high idle. This happened to me if it was cold or hot.

~Dave

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It's normal for a cold engine to idle high when it's cold. When my GSR was stock it would idle at 1500 when it was cold, now it idle's at 1800 when cold. 2500 is pretty high, maybe an idle adjustment is needed for your car. Does it idle at the normal 750 when it's fully warm?