HIGH speed problem???

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
haha, yea no shit. good thing he's doin that 120 just north of denver. maybe it seems faster because he's a mile high? i know that effects field goal range.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
oh BTW , im about to post a full thread on what ive done to my car (haha which isnt a lot cus of the little money i have right now but w/e) lol it'll be up in about 10 to 15 minutes k! tell me what ya guys think!

PS. hah yes that cutlass did have a shit load done to it LOL

haha well u do it just to kinda test your car out. its ok i drive the SPEED limit up and down the road im going to drive fast on, first to look for cops (LOOOL) and second to make sure its safe. but yeah i just like to go real fast, not for long, but its just cool.
That's a lot of clear road then if you're getting an RS up to 120. A lot of room that something could pop up on. Let's just hope that if you do mess up, you don't hurt anyone but you.

your other tube is fine it is basically the same thing as the red one you put on just for the stock air box. I took that metal tube combo dealy out and ran a hose directly from my fitv to the thermostat housing so now it's not even in there and looks a hell of a lot cleaner. You could do the same so that it's not just hanging out. Funny story my car had a rag stuffed into the end of the hose from the previous owner, I looked at it and was like wtf, do they not realize that this goes no where? Funny what people do, lol Anyways......

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
your other tube is fine it is basically the same thing as the red one you put on just for the stock air box. I took that metal tube combo dealy out and ran a hose directly from my fitv to the thermostat housing so now it's not even in there and looks a hell of a lot cleaner. You could do the same so that it's not just hanging out. Funny story my car had a rag stuffed into the end of the hose from the previous owner, I looked at it and was like wtf, do they not realize that this goes no where? Funny what people do, lol Anyways......
hahahahh LOL hmm maybe it might fit with the left over tube i have... hmmm yeah Thanks!

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
That's a lot of clear road then if you're getting an RS up to 120. A lot of room that something could pop up on. Let's just hope that if you do mess up, you don't hurt anyone but you.
Dont you WORRY! Im the best driver EVER! lol ok not ever but i can fish tail a car bring it back easy. I wont crash it i promise. LOL but seriously, im a safe driver, im not stupid. I know the things that can happen and i think of them because i know what they can cause, so like i said, dont worry! :)

Dc2PiNoy21

Dc2Pinoy
Your Rpm's sound fine to me...i have a geezer so it might differ for you but 80 mph for me is hitting 4k rpms.. so i think your fine..

97teg4l

well its a coolant line o just replace the bottom hose with a rubber hose adn clamp it on there

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Dont you WORRY! Im the best driver EVER! lol ok not ever but i can fish tail a car bring it back easy. I wont crash it i promise. LOL but seriously, im a safe driver, im not stupid. I know the things that can happen and i think of them because i know what they can cause, so like i said, dont worry! :)
Jesus I hope you never have an ITR sway bar. Your the kind of person that lifts at apex and then doesn't know what to do with the oversteer...

You're gonna hurt someone man. I only say that because I've been there, done that, and got a bloodied t-shirt. :roll:

I bet you're not nearly as good a driver as you think you are, most people are not.

And to answer the original question, I'm at redline or near it through 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear at the track for 3-5 ENTIRE 20 minute run groups. The car is fine running at 3.5 - 4k. I run mine at 4k on the CA freeways almost every day and it's healthy as can be. Just do your scheduled maintenance. They were built as they are for a reason. RPMs and safety are really relative to the motor/car.

Last edited:

kuro300

LTDI racing
yo ok the same happen to me just but the old oem link back... an yea your running a little to rich

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Jesus I hope you never have an ITR sway bar. Your the kind of person that lifts at apex and then doesn't know what to do with the oversteer...

You're gonna hurt someone man. I only say that because I've been there, done that, and got a bloodied t-shirt. :roll:

I bet you're not nearly as good a driver as you think you are, most people are not.

And to answer the original question, I'm at redline or near it through 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear at the track for 3-5 ENTIRE 20 minute run groups. The car is fine running at 3.5 - 4k. I run mine at 4k on the CA freeways almost every day and it's healthy as can be. Just do your scheduled maintenance. They were built as they are for a reason. RPMs and safety are really relative to the motor/car.
whats an ITR sway bar?
and dude that what u think... my family is known for being good drivers. parents have never been in an accident, haha just speeding tickets LOL. grandpa raced on a dirt track for a living. And i got the good driving skills. Dont worry i almost "test" out my car everyday. it rains a lot here so i go in an EMPTY parking lot and do donuts and fishtail and stuff. Im a fast learner so yeah.

Oh and what about your mpg when your going about 80mph? anyone know if its still good even when your at 4k rpms?

FreshGSR

JDM Enthusiast
hey thanks, just seems like it could be bad or something. hey but i've got a QUESTION about myself installing my cold air intake. Ok so you take off the stock intake and along with that, that little tube that connects from th eintake tube, to the motor. But that tube is also connected to another one. So when i took the smaller tube off to replace it with my intake, the tube was connected to the other one and i couldnt get it off. lol hopefully the picture will explain.

umm so look at the tube thats at the end of my left index finger. thats the tube thats connected to the other tube that i had to take off when i replaced it with my new intake. And because the old intake tube thing is still on there, its kind of twisty so idk if that has anything to do with my mpg or not??? haha. um but yeah what should i do to get rid of that old tube???
Looks like some cheap ass autozone sleeves. Spectra? :[ :boo: