Higher muffler=lower car?

WDEDMON1

So...my car is low. 16 in wheels, low pro tires and coilovers. But my last muffler ripped off because no matter how slow I go, the :Dmuff still scrapes when going over certain spots(I cant drive around b/c the only entrance to my job's parking lot(at any angle. Believe me I tried, been working there almost a yr now) is one of these spots). So, since there are PLENTY of lowered cars on here, I was wondering: does someone know how to raise the muffler up a tad bit to avoid this scraping? Can u bend the hooks with a torch or something? Maybe shorter headers? All comments welcome and appreciated :D

mirrorimg

Take it to a muffle shop and have them re-weld the brackets so it sits higher.

Or get under there and mess with the rubber parts that connect the two brackets (hooks as you called them) and see if you can play with them so it sits further up.

WDEDMON1

I already did that. Can I just break the welds for the brackets(what I was tlkin bout when I said hooks btw) and tack weld them back on? I really dont wanna burn a hole through my new muffler lol

speedin

The Transporter
Take it to a muffle shop and have them re-weld the brackets so it sits higher.

Or get under there and mess with the rubber parts that connect the two brackets (hooks as you called them) and see if you can play with them so it sits further up.
This is the only solution I can see. Id just raise the muffler brackets so they are closer to the car. Be careful not to get too close to the rear bumper with the tip or you will melt it.

Are you using an OEM muffler or an aftermarket one? I know the OEM one is a chunky unit. So a clean sounding aftermarket could help your clearance. But if you want the OEM one message ixcocoyxi I know thats what he has and he is very very low, see what he is doing.

WDEDMON1

My muffler, bought from auto parts warehouse is OEM. It sound good tho. Not too loud but almost like a sleeper car. Idk what it would sound like if I actually had something in the bay lol besides a stock b18.
I refuse to put coat hangers on my car lol If imma get it done. Its going to be the first time and its gonna be right

jznsn2u

Demonstrate speedin. No clue wtf ur tlkin bout lol
Seriously? People make skid plates on their exhaust manifolds to prevent scratches or light dents... Same concepts applies to making a skid plate for a muffler :roll:.