Highest HP recorded, all motor.

Jack Rot

does anyone have any specs on something like that, done to a b18c1....

im not interested in boosting my gsr when i get it, not in the mood for wasting alot of gas, at least for now it shall remain all motor....

anyone think it can get 250hp+ to the crank?

98sierra

, not in the mood for wasting alot of gas, ..

mines boosted and i get great gas milage. just dont go overboard

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
skunk2 was able to get 275whp from a b20 vtec and the b20 vtec was only used to get the maximum potential out of the pro2 cams which love displacement. theory would be the same if you ran a b18C1 with an 84mm bore

96GSRteg

Tyler
Ive heard of it happening, but it will cost a lot more money than compared to boost. When I first got mine, I was on the same boat as you, but I slowly realized how much more it would cost and how much more effective boost would be.

Also you can easily have a moderate setup (of boost) that will not put excessive strain on your car while still performing well.

phatintegra

Banned

im not interested in boosting my gsr when i get it, not in the mood for wasting alot of gas, at least for now it shall remain all motor....

mjones73

It would be cheaper and easier in the long run to boost your motor. As long as you're not a lead foot you'll get decent gas mileage also.

To start pushing a B18C1 into the 200 hp range requires a lot of money with less gain on investment then boosting IMHO.

When looking for highest hp combo's, look for streetable motors also if it's your daily driver.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA

You think having a fully built 215-220whp B18C1 is going to give you good gas mileage? :rolf:

Jack Rot

well, i havent researched turbo setups for this car, i just know it would take me like, around 2-3k getting a kit, plus at least another $1,500 for engine internals, plus $500 for labor.

now the guy selling me the car has a built b18c1 and a turbo kit for 2k all together, i'll have to ask him the specs on all the parts. he claims it has yet to be used and he was intending it for the gsr im purchasing

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Are you thinking you'll get 250hp all motor for less then you'll have in a turbo setup? If so, then your gonna be sad when you find out it'll cost you more in the end to make 250whp NA reliably compared to boosting.

mjones73

Are you thinking you'll get 250hp all motor for less then you'll have in a turbo setup? If so, then your gonna be sad when you find out it'll cost you more in the end to make 250whp NA reliably compared to boosting.
Would it be safe to say that wouldn't be a good daily driver motor either?