hmmmm so i need head :(

Jabes

sooo I pulled my head off tonight thinking it was just a head gasket and found out why my compression was ranging from 90-120, the exhaust valves are all burnt red and you can stick a finger nail in the valve seat, sooo now its time to start searching for a new head fun fun

heres some pics

hmm yeah head looks clean

cylinder walls look fine

ouchhh

Last edited:

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
dont we all... but im sure if you go down to the local street corner you can get it for less than fifty bucks.

Note... i didnt actually read your thread but your grammatical error in your thread title made me do it... LOL

Jabes

dont we all... but im sure if you go down to the local street corner you can get it for less than fifty bucks.

Note... i didnt actually read your thread but your grammatical error in your thread title made me do it... LOL

hahaha I worded it like that so that people would click on it and be like wtf lol :)

mirrorimg

You can pick up non-vtec head for cheap all day long.

Jabes

yeah lookin around on craigslist, hey mirror you would know, i have a chace to pick up a p8r head for 100 bucks would that be fine just to bolt on and drive or since the valves are bigger would i need to get it tuned?

mirrorimg

yeah lookin around on craigslist, hey mirror you would know, i have a chace to pick up a p8r head for 100 bucks would that be fine just to bolt on and drive or since the valves are bigger would i need to get it tuned?
With stock cams, you will be alright. The only worry is the larger combustion chamber vs the bore of the block. Some people think it will create a hot spot because of the over lap. Best case would be to get a B20 block as well, but Im going to be running my 82mm block with a B20 headgasket on the P8R head.

Jabes

sooo do you think if i just want a reliable daily driver while i rebuild my ls-t motor would it be better to buy a ls head or would i be able to bolt the p8r head on and not have to worry about problems

OBEY POSSE GSR

ask and ye shall recieve
Lol I just received some head in the shower also so no need dam dude good luck with that prob looks like a bitch