Holla back yO! Update on me

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
This may sound like a self centered post...but oh well.

It's been quite a while since I last logged in here...too long to be more specific. Life has beeen busy. Some of you will remember me from my previous threads. I'm the guy that got into an accident a lil over 5 years ago and became a quadriplegic. I've posted on here about asking for donations so I could gtet hand controls for my 94 Integra. Well...I finally got hand controls. Last Friday was the first time I've driven my car in 5 years. It was crazy, weird, and awkward all at the same time. I'm excited for warmer weather and clean roads, as we all are. F this ice and snow and wosrt of all, road salt.

What's kept me busy? College mostly, and lately Gran Turismo has been filling in the spare time. I'm pumped to be bac behind the wheel again. I thank anybody who has supported me in any way. This is one of my favorite boards because it always seemed to be smaller but active and friendly. Props to the people who run this shin-dig.

I'm done. PM, reply, tis what it is.

Last update of my 'teg:

(that's my brother driving, me in pass. seat. before hand `controls)

JGvtec

Im glad that you are getting back into it. Continuing to fight through it! I don't think you have met me on here but im Jordan.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Sorry to hear about your accident. How different is it with the hand controls? Props to you for keeping on even after being faced with that. Good luck with everything.

Mitch

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
hell this ain't self centered, you've made my day! i'm so happy for you man :)

rockadilla

thats right.
damn dude that sucks to hear :( glad u finally got the hand controls :thumbs up and i agree with Jim, great post :clap:

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
Thanks for the replies everybody.

I do have to say it's super weird with hand controls. It definitely is awkward at first. I've only driven a few times though...summer comes around I'll be out on the road much more. F' the winter weather...

JGvtec

Winter weather blows. Did you get hit with that blizzard like 2 weeks ago to? how bad was it there?

8-bit

do what now?
5 years is a good amount of time but good job on pulling through. no doubt your very happy to finally be able to drive your integra.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Thanks for the replies everybody.

I do have to say it's super weird with hand controls. It definitely is awkward at first. I've only driven a few times though...summer comes around I'll be out on the road much more. F' the winter weather...
I had a Go Kart with hand controls..even that was just off trying to drive, but I bet you'll master it over the summer. Good luck, please keep us updated.