Holy Hyundai!!

heykosal

Angkorian
So you guys have seen my recent posts telling you that my Mom wants to buy a new car. We've pretty much narrowed it down to four: Accord, Camry, Legacy, Sonata..

This doesn't totally sway our decision, but sure does open our eyes!!

In a recent Car And Driver Comparison Test of Mainstream Family Sedans:
3) Subaru Legacy 2.5i - 199
2) Honda Accord EX - 205
1) Hyundai Sonata SE - 211

I definitely knew the new Sonata was a good car. No, make that a great car, but I never would've believed that Car And Driver, the leading automotive magazine and top authority would subjectively rank it higher than the perennial 10 Best winning(not to mention tops in countless other tests/reports/reviews)!!

Discuss

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Hyundai is a good brand, but never expected it to surpass Honda, they have been doing good lately though

Sk1n

I'm Not Bald
Hyundai is a good brand, but never expected it to surpass Honda, they have been doing good lately though
Hyundai has been quietly improving themselves as a competitor in the automotive market for over decade. Despite them being around for much longer, and damn near consistent change-ups of the board members and share holders; Hyundai has become a company to beckon with. But seriously, none of these ratings for their cars surprise me. The Genesis coupe (especially w/ the 2.0T) is really fuckin' sweet! Despite the stories I have heard of piston rings melting during dyno runs/tuning, because the rotating assembly is not sufficient for boost, the turbo being too small (even though it doesn't make any sense), etc...

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I barely see Sonatas on the road. Heck, I barely see Hyundais on the road. I'm Honda for life.

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
well i love handas but when a genisis came in to my work the other day it was bad ass but i dont think i would buy it for that much i would just get a older nsx, my gf had a tiburon 02 but it was pos i told her to get a integra but now she loves it she is part of the club now lol no really she is a member, she loves that integra but she stiil wont let me crash the tiburon honda for life

XxCaryxX

I barely see Sonatas on the road. Heck, I barely see Hyundais on the road. I'm Honda for life.
X2. My mom had to rent a car about a week ago when she flew into town (Doesn't like to drive my car because of dodging potholes) The car felt pretty solid but the interior was shitty imo. I wasn't comfortable at all. The suspension felt good and it had decent pep to it but like Matt said: Honda for life!

Edit: Ooops, meant to put it was a 2009 or 2010 Sonata.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I know a guy that tracks a bone stock Hyundai Accent. The interior is rubbish, but it handles pretty well. Hyundai/Kia used to be considered as shitty cars, but they've being doing a lot of R&D and are finally getting the formula right. Props to them.