honda/acura 4 life???

XTurboAcuraX

i have heard that "hondas last forever" from some of the guys at my school. they told me that after i asked them why do so many teens have a honda. so if hondas last a long time (obviouslly not forever) then acuras should too right. since honda makes acura. oh and the guys also told me that acuras are "a step up form a honda" what do you guys think???

Connies91tegra

Hondas are economy cars. Acuras are luxury cars. It's all in the motor that makes it last longer and the techicians/mechanics/enthusiast that work on it.

Andrey

Hondas and Acuras are very reliable! May be only Toyota is more reliable...But Toyota's cars are mostly boring.

Ray

XTurboAcuraX said:
i have heard that "hondas last forever" from some of the guys at my school. they told me that after i asked them why do so many teens have a honda. so if hondas last a long time (obviouslly not forever) then acuras should too right. since honda makes acura. oh and the guys also told me that acuras are "a step up form a honda" what do you guys think???
Acura is the luxury line of Honda... but the engineering behind them is the same.
Any car can last "forever" with proper care and maintenance. To say that Honda/Acuras are more RELIABLE would be a better statement.

hueman

toyotas i think are more reliable.

but yeah, acura is the american-specific "luxury" brand of honda.. its existence illustrates our need for material products that exemplify socio-economic class.

for instance, if you look anywhere else in the world, they'd be labeled appropriately as "honda integra" or "honda legend" etc... so it's not really a step anywhere, and the saying that hondas last forever would fully apply to acuras.
________
FLINT NORTH

Last edited:

DownShift96GSR

Yes, like said earlier, if properly taken care of, hondas/acuras will last a long time. Up into the 400,000 mile mark, so I've been told. But the difference in the names is like Human said. Just like Nissan/Infinity, Toyota/Lexus, etc......

01cleatus

Ray said:
Acura is the luxury line of Honda... but the engineering behind them is the same.
Any car can last "forever" with proper care and maintenance. To say that Honda/Acuras are more RELIABLE would be a better statement.
any car but a dodge or a ford :naughty: But yeah this is the nicest car I have ever owned and I personally am very impressed with everything so far with being apart of the Acura/ Honda family. The way he cars/products are the people that own them to feeliung it gives me to own an acura. I am from here out sold on Honda and of course on Acura. Domestics have a long way to go to get my attention and the only domestic that comes close in my opinion is the SRT-4 but it is a dodge and I am very skeptical on the endurance of that vehicle. So give me a Honda and I will be happy. :clap:

Todd

token ex-mod
i've seen 96 neons that were used as deliver cars with 400,000 miles on the motor and still runs, any car with proper upkeep can last "forever"

and like hue said, "acura" is just badge they made up to market twords americans. in reality there are no japanese integra type r's... they're honda integra typeR

XTurboAcuraX

Andrey said:
Hondas and Acuras are very reliable! May be only Toyota is more reliable...But Toyota's cars are mostly boring.
don't you disrespect toyota while im here. if i had twice the money i would pick a celica any day.

XTurboAcuraX

Connies91tegra said:
Hondas are economy cars. Acuras are luxury cars. It's all in the motor that makes it last longer and the techicians/mechanics/enthusiast that work on it.
ok. economy as in better gas mileage. luxury as in a better car. im kinda shady on these terms. can you clarify a little.

01cleatus

Todd said:
i've seen 96 neons that were used as deliver cars with 400,000 miles on the motor and still runs, any car with proper upkeep can last "forever"

and like hue said, "acura" is just badge they made up to market twords americans. in reality there are no japanese integra type r's... they're honda integra typeR
I understand that any car with up keep can last for a long time but the majority of dodges and fords don't last that long, not because the owners of the cars don't give proper upkeep its just that the cars don't have that kind of longevity. Ask any kid who gets a honda or acura from their parents(those fortunate bastards) (lol) but ask them why their parents got those cars. And they will tell you because their parents wanted to get them a good car that will last them a long time and not leave them stranded. As for Fords and Dodges my girlfriends father was the head of a ford and dodge dealership in the service department at one place in tim also he was with chevy and he tells me of all the things that these cars have problems with. I had a neon and when I had 34 thousand miles he told me that to start saving because at 90 thousand the tranny would slip and at 45 grand I would need new engine mounts and at 50 grand that the shocks would be gone all of these "preminisions" were all true within a 1000 or 2000 miles from what he siad. No his name isn't Mr. Cleo but he says all of those cars as well as other cars in the lineups that those companies have problems like this and are all very prevelant. He told me to look into a honda becasue of the better quality. This coming from a guy who only has worked for American companies his whole life. He says he would get a honda but the fact that he gets free cars from the dealership is he only reason that he doesn't. So I know there are exceptions to every rule of thumb but excluding the trucks from dodge and ford I would not get a vehicle from either brand.

misplacedcivic

my friend's 98 neon is a piece of crap. however, he flogs it constantly. i hear that the SRT4s are made with better parts so as far as longevity is concerned, they are supposed to be WAY better than the earlier models (unless whoever told me is full of it).
consider this. most people DO NOT take care of their cars. they may change the oil every 3k miles and have it serviced regularly but as far as driving techniques that are conducive to long engine, tranny and body life, they're careless. for example: i read that 90% of engine wear comes from cold starts (especially in colder climates) . that means that you need to strike a balance between getting the engine temp to normal as quick as possible without being too rough on the engine. people generally don't or don't know how to do it.
my whole point is, instead of dogging and talking trash about car manufacturers, we would do well to appreciate the longevity they have for the abuse they receive