Honda/Acura Theives

MaC2o6

My Teggy got jacked not too long ago. Took my audio set up, dizzy, HID's, and were getting ready to strip the engine. Thank god they got caught not too long after they took it. No real body damage, just the few stuff missing. Definitely sucked. Can't wait for it to run again!

Prozon

Kris
I don't live in a city or anything, so usual if someone's around then my dog's outside let me know. Best security ever. :D

urquizadc4

some bastard broke into my teg about two days ago. all they took was my sub and amp. thank god they didnt break the window. all they did was pop out the driver side window and unlock the door. lol the fucker even cut himself cause i found blood all around my window and on my super rare "TAN" drivers seat. lol

redrocket

lojack doesnt stop your radio from getting stolen, or your radar detector, or w/e else you have in the car

my parents had lojack on thier Honda Pilot, it kept draining the battery. either that or the remote starter, which i doubt. battery was tested 3 times and all passed "good". i like lojack, but its not 100%
I learned a long time ago not to put stereo equipment in a Hon/Acur! It doesn't drain your battery.

DarkDB1

the car then the cops chase.
FYI, When I worked for OPD all the cars were equipped with LoJack trackers... When I asked the cops about them and their input on getting it installed. They said it depends on the city, If the city is constantly busy like Oakland they won't litterally track down your car because they have far more important things to deal with... But if the police car gets within a certain range of the car equipped with LoJack the lojack box thingy will go ringing, a license plate number will show up on the screen and guide you to the direction of the car.

lojack isn't fail safe, It depends on the department...

.... Theft is pretty good all over california. I sold my DB1 over a year ago and bought a BMW 540I, I sold the DB1 to one of my long time good friends, who had it for a whole month before it got stolen... The E34 fortunately isn't a theft magnet but if someone did have a taste to steal it, they would have a hard time...

The key is oddly cut so i'm sure master keys will be difficult to come by even then the key has a chip in it, The factory alpine alarm will not let the doors unlock at all, even from inside the car so a slim jim or a hook through the weather stripping does nothing (I can lock people in my car aswell)... And I had all the windows tinted with Llumar film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3g8sa4ciM4&feature=related

And here's the DB1...

Before

After

They weren't pro's... They left the suspension, Over looked the exhaust, left the fluidyne radiator... Only thing they took from the engine bay was the AEM SRI and coolant resevoir (I had cleaned it)

redrocket

FYI, When I worked for OPD all the cars were equipped with LoJack trackers... When I asked the cops about them and their input on getting it installed. They said it depends on the city, If the city is constantly busy like Oakland they won't litterally track down your car because they have far more important things to deal with... But if the police car gets within a certain range of the car equipped with LoJack the lojack box thingy will go ringing, a license plate number will show up on the screen and guide you to the direction of the car.

lojack isn't fail safe, It depends on the department...

.... Theft is pretty good all over california. I sold my DB1 over a year ago and bought a BMW 540I, I sold the DB1 to one of my long time good friends, who had it for a whole month before it got stolen... The E34 fortunately isn't a theft magnet but if someone did have a taste to steal it, they would have a hard time...

The key is oddly cut so i'm sure master keys will be difficult to come by even then the key has a chip in it, The factory alpine alarm will not let the doors unlock at all, even from inside the car so a slim jim or a hook through the weather stripping does nothing (I can lock people in my car aswell)... And I had all the windows tinted with Llumar film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3g8sa4ciM4&feature=related

And here's the DB1...

Before

After

They weren't pro's... They left the suspension, Over looked the exhaust, left the fluidyne radiator... Only thing they took from the engine bay was the AEM SRI and coolant resevoir (I had cleaned it)

Yes, I know how it works, I volunteer for the police department. Around here we have many cars on patrol. LoJack will notify me if my car moves without my consent which saves time in the recovery proses. An Integra is not my first choice of car but I am the original owner from 94 and I have invested about 15K in it recently. I also own a E46 330Ci ZHP, Viper, Mazdaspeed 3, and Civic so I know what you mean by the laser cut key :lol:

DarkDB1

Is that what it's called? (laser cut key)... Lojack is useful but it's not full proof (What you have is early theft detection). If someone wants to steal the car so badly they'll find a way... But looking at your collection, I think you shouldn't have to worry about the Integra :p

redrocket

Is that what it's called? (laser cut key)... Lojack is useful but it's not full proof (What you have is early theft detection). If someone wants to steal the car so badly they'll find a way... But looking at your collection, I think you shouldn't have to worry about the Integra :p
LOL, well your absolutely right, if someone want's the car bad enough, it's theirs for the taking. I learned that a long time ago when I first got into Hon/Acur. That's why I like to keep the appearance of the car somewhat stock and I wouldn't dare put an aftermarket stereo in the car. When someone take a glance in the car, I want them to see nothing! That's all we can do to protect our stuff. SUCKS!!!