Honda/acura + Toyota = 2007 Supra

slikk

Money Getter
i just picked a copy of speed magazine (road a& track) yesterday and i saw an article stating that it is being rumoured in the automotive industry that honda nd toyota is working togather on the new supra to come out in 2007.

the supra will be all wheel drive using the same system as is found in the 2005 acura RL(sw-awd). they are also saying honda is doing this to compensate for the cost of research . more details later.

just thought i would share the rumor

Prez

worst production car EVER released by Toyota if they go with Honda for designs and engine shit. Sure theyre AWESOME at stuffing hp into a four cylinder, but have you looked at the NSX? More expensive than most cars but has barely any power to keep up with the cars thats the same price.

slikk

Money Getter
i believe the engine and body style will be toyota but the suspension will be honda

as for the rx8 i will get back to you later

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
rx8 is rwd and why the hell are two competitors working on a car together makes no sense to me :2confused but hey i love the last gen supra hope it looks something like that but if ne thing a honda suspension and toyta 6cyl wit turbo would kick ass

kcyrusm

Prez said:
worst production car EVER released by Toyota if they go with Honda for designs and engine shit. Sure theyre AWESOME at stuffing hp into a four cylinder, but have you looked at the NSX? More expensive than most cars but has barely any power to keep up with the cars thats the same price.
:roll:
WOW, are you retarded???? The nsx OWNS the TRACK. Its not the fastest car in the world but its handling alone makes it more than worth it. i swear... some people :wak:

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
kcyrusm said:
WOW, are you retarded???? The nsx OWNS the TRACK. Its not the fastest car in the world but its handling alone makes it more than worth it. i swear... some people :wak:
exactly

the motor will be a Toyota motor. rumors are a V10 or Electric motor.

Mitsubishi is coming out with an all electric EVO with 268 bhp. it has 4 electric motors for each wheel.

kcyrusm

This may not be true, because my little cousin is a compulsive liar but...
Electric motors produce all 100% of their torque at 0 rpm...

Now that im writing this, it makes me think... if you push all your torque from a stop, i don't think your tires will grip. seems like some gear wrenching damage too. Anybody hear anything similar?

Prez

kcyrusm said:
For the price of an NSX i could pick up a Lotus Elise. You wanna talk about no horsepower but good handling? Lotus Elise > NSX -- Price wise.

05 NSX - $89,000 - 290hp/Manual - 252hp/Auto
05 Lotus - $42,990 - 190hp/Manual

oh, and with the Lotus, you'll get better gas milege. :shock: 8)

Last edited: