Honda among many manufacturers warning of the danger of newly mandated E15 gasoline

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
EPA approves new gas with 15% ethanol, Honda and others say it will damage cars made before 2001, and violate warranties of newer cars.

Article HERE.

More big Government brilliance from the far Left.

eiznekeM

I think ethanol is a big scam. Most people don't understand how much effort it takes to make. You could take every usuable area in the world for crops and not make enough to support the oil industry.

Cripton805

The day that the U.S. bans the use of cars that are 10 years or older, and begins to make people get rid of their cars at 50k, that will be the day I move to Mexico!

Delicious tacos here I come...

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
way i understand it, ethanol itself is extremely stable, however you need to run much much more of it then you would need with just gasoline to get the same amount of energy out of the burn

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It is a gigantic scam.
It takes more energy to produce it than you end up saving in the gasoline it replaces.
We burn an incredible amount of corn to make Ethanol, which has increased food prices around the world.
And now it's gonna be hard as hell to stop making it because midwestern states/swing states who make corn for Ethanol get billions of dollars from the Government to do it, including Iowa, a major Primary state, and any politician who declares an end to Ethanol subsidies will have a very hard time winning in Iowa, which is a very big deal in the Presidential election.

There's a reason the private sector didn't turn Ethanol into a major industry on its own.

whitedc4

tegsox hit the nail on the head.. EXACTLY how i see it and i'm sure it's EXACTLY what is happening.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
WTF EPA! WTF... So when is this going to happen? Should I start saving up for a K-Series then?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
so is it optional? will there be gas with out %15 ethanol? i know most of it is %2 anyway.

If this is mandatory across the board im gonna be pissed....

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
so is it optional? will there be gas with out %15 ethanol? i know most of it is %2 anyway.

If this is mandatory across the board im gonna be pissed....
I did more research and gas stations will still have E10 gasoline available.

Cripton805

The main thing is, what if they say it's E10 and it's actually E15.
Isn't it cheaper too? Gas stations can be sneaky.