Hondata gas mileage

E85B18

Im trying to tune my S300 for the best gas mileage while maintaining full performance (at full throttle). First ,what kind of MPG are you guys getting on 91 octane? Looking at my 3bar boost table while cruzing I spend most time between 2250 - 3500 rpm and stay in columns 2 - 6 (with no boost). What fuel values do you have in these cells? I want to pull fuel from my "cruzing range" im just not sure how much. How can I tell if its getting too lean or starting to knock? I know its rich cuz im getting about 16 mpg on 91 and I was getting 22 on E85!!!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I want to pull fuel from my "cruzing range" im just not sure how much. How can I tell if its getting too lean or starting to knock? I know its rich cuz im getting about 16 mpg on 91 and I was getting 22 on E85!!!
Get a wideband o2 sensor. It will tell you what you need to know.

Spody02

Name: Cody
get a wideband
then a cruz is like 14.7

heykosal

Angkorian
I know a guy with a turbo GSR that gets almost 30mpg.... keeping it out of boost of course.
Same.

BTW what is better about the Innovative wideband? Or whats wrong with AEM? Just curious..

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I just bought a plx-m300te. It works extremely well. Up to column 6 you should be running at 14.7:1 ratio. That is perfect stoichiometric ratio and will net you the best gas milage your car will make.

patrick4588

Integra God
i was getting about 27mpg around town occasionally boosting. i had crusing a/f around 15.3-15.5:1 which IMO is 17inhg to 25inhg. if you dont have a wideband, you shouldnt be adjusting anything. oh i run a plx as well

Spody02

Name: Cody
i have a aem wideband and havent had any problems, my friend on the other hand bought his new and went bad in a week and had to send it back to aem and get it a new one, but they paid shipping and everything so it was cool but thats the only problem i've heard of

so buy a wideband, then tune...

E85B18

Interesting. Does anyone have a wideband for sale? If no one has one for sale i think ill go with the DM-5 + SM-AFR. With inhg are you talking about vacuum level?

patrick4588

Integra God
Interesting. Does anyone have a wideband for sale? If no one has one for sale i think ill go with the DM-5 + SM-AFR. With inhg are you talking about vacuum level?
my buddy is selling his plx sm-afr dm-5 for 170 i think. ill have to talk to him and make sure, but im pretty sure thats what he wants. and yes inhg is vacuum. it means inches of mercury.